Anybody have a clue what’s going on?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I usually get my period every 3-4 months. About a year and a half ago I had lost 30 lbs which made them more regular and I found myself pregnant. It ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks and I put the 30 lbs back on plus more I'm sure. However I just had my period about 5 weeks ago and I started what I thought was was another period but got much lighter. Weird for me because like I said its usually 3-4 months between any bleeding. Just wondering if anyone knows what could be going on. Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

u can go on a pill that will regulate your periods so the come at the same time every month it could be that you have an hormonal imbalance

• Posted

maybe i should have said that I do have PCOS, so definitely a hormone imbalance, but the only solution my doctor has is birth control, which makes my periods painful and grueling

• Posted

ah i see what i would do is go to a doctors to double check that its the pcos thats caused the extra bleeding as some vaginal infections etc can cause bleeding between periods if you miscarried quite recently then u should get checked out to be on the safe side

• Posted

some women have a period then at about two weeks after have a very light bleed due to ovulation that could also b a possibility but certainly if its not normal for you then u should be seen by someone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.