Anybody have Electromyography tests? NIH says ..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Found it in NIH - NIDDK site, while doing a search for video urodynamic testing from a dormant JimJames thread, a year ago.

Apparently there are many not-so-invasive tests available.

I have my second uro appointment today, and I will heed JimJames' advise:  Ask what tests are available, given my Catch-22 situation.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Less invasive than urodynamic do you mean ?

I didn’t find it that bad to be honest . Undignified yes but not painful at all . 

• Posted

Less invasive than biopsy and cytoscope.  Btw, the NIH webpage has several urodynamic types of tests.  Which one did you get?
    • Posted

I think mine was called a video urodynamic test . Sorry that’s all I know 
  • Posted

The Cath they use is very small. It was actually the first Cath I ever had. Didn't hurt at all.

• Posted

Hi Waffalobill, nice handle.

Sorry, what Cath is this about?  A foley, or a test, video-scope cath of some kind?  

• Posted

They insert a very thin Cath to completely empty your bladder. Then they gradually fill it back up measuring how much it holds. They then have you pee out what you can. The Cath being so thin you actually pee around it. They measure how much comes out, time it takes, etc. As they fill it they ask you questions. Tell them when you can feel it filling. How strong the urge is getting to void your bladder etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.