Anybody have experience with euflexxa? I am considering it ...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'd like to avoid knee replacement if possible, and I understand that some people have reported long term good results. My hope is that continuing my combo of PT, water walking and weight loss AND perhaps these injections, would work rather than knee replacements. Some level of pain seems inevitable no matter what... and if injections help restore flexibility and mobility I can live with that.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Why dont you want a knee replacement as you will be pain free and get movement back in your leg.

Once you are bone on bone it will most likely be very painful and they will only do about 1 or 2 injections, my surgeon only does 1. I have had 2 finger joints replaced and am pain free, its wonderful. I need a third done and I am looking forward to when he will do it as I am fed up with the pain and inconvenience. 

You also need to check that you don't reach a point where too much of the joint has been eroded and a replacement joint is not possible. 

• Posted

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll sure address those points with my dr.

• Posted

You could also try a Kneedit strap that acts as a shock absorber when walking. You can find them on line for about £20.

• Posted

Derek, thank you for the info re the knee strap.  My partner has terrible knee problems, both from arthritis and recurring other issues.  He's very tall (6'5"wink which apparently puts extra strain on his musculoskeletal system, plus he had various sports knee injuries as a teenager - all coming back to haunt him in later life smile  I'll tell him about this knee strap, it may be of great help.  Thank you again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.