Anybody know whats going on here? Unusual symptoms.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, 

I will list my current/past symptoms. I would say this issue has been occuring for approx. 2 weeks now. Any information or shed light would be greatly appreciated.

-Pins and needles/burning sensation in arms/legs/back/chest MOSTLY when lying down making it VERY difficult to sleep 

-Sensation of difficulty swallowing and gullet feels tight too 

-Stomach constantly making churning noises 

-Occasional loose stools 

-Some food seems to be undigested in stool 

-White tongue 

-Sometimes burp up liquid after consuming (but no traditional heartburn sensation) 

-Felt very bloated 1 week ago, but now bloating not as severe 

-Previously felt very nauseous but the nausea felt like it was coming from the throat area rather than the stomach. This has mostly subsided now also. 

-When all of these symptoms first started, I felt fatigued and my back muscles felt particularly tired and it was extremely uncomfortable to even sit down. This has also subsided. 

-Previously felt like there was a golfball in my throat, that has mostly passed.

I have had an endoscopy which showed nothing of significance other than a slightly narrow gullet. I don't think my doctor biopsied for H Pylori either.  I've been prescribed 40mg of Omeparazole and have been taking it for 1.5 weeks, I can't really tell if its helping because I have so many symptoms.

If anybody has any thoughts/suggestions on what is going on, I would really appreciate your help.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

To be honest I've had many of these problems, particularly the white tongue and feeling of a lump in the throat. This has went on for 3 years now. I've had scopes all clear, and like you was out on lanzoprazole/omeprazole. This didn't help at all. One thing that totally cured the white tongue was cutting out wheat. Totally removing it for even a few days really helped the tongue. It actually really helped the lump in the throat too. While I'm waiting for a coeliac blood test to come back to confirm a wheat allergy,I've reduced wheat but not totally removed it, so the lump feeling is terrible some days, and not as bad others. Might be worth trying cutting wheat for a few days and see if it makes a difference

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. Since this all started I have not really had too much bread or grain products in general, but I have had asian food on many occasions recently which would contain a good deal of soy sauce (which has wheat). 

I will completely eliminate gluten and dairy if I can, and see how I go. I think I am going to stop the omeprazole as well in case it is causing me any side effects.

• Posted

The PPIs themselves generally are well tolerated, so if your GP has prescribed them it's probably a good idea to be on them, it's true they take a while to work so give them a chance,they won't do you any harm

• Posted

And gluten is in so many things, if your sensitive to it then a tiny amount is enough to cause problems
    • Posted

Ok I will try. I am worried the PPI's are giving me diarrhoea though. I've had quite loose stools and undigested food showing up too. I'm also worried that the PPI's are causing the pins and needles sensations that I've been having.

• Posted

I would cut out wheat and dairy. Plus PPIS take up to 3 mos to work hang in there.
    • Posted

Ok I will try. I am worried the PPI's are giving me diarrhoea. I've had quite loose stools and undigested food showing up too. I'm also worried that the PPI's are causing the pins and needles sensations that I've been having.

• Posted

If in doubt, always check with a dr or pharmacist - we arent drs here, but from my experience i wouldnt think the PPIs would be doing those things
  • Posted

just sounded a lot like my symptoms Its silent Reflux , Im on 40 Mcs of Omneprozole also since October and I dont feel any relief. but a new symptom just started, I get heart palpitations and a rushing feeling in my head that makes me dizzy.i also have that horrible lump in my throat that never goes away! the only time it feels better is when I eat, so this has caused me to gain some weight! ugh. Its a very hard problem to clear up, Ive read that food plays a big part of it. eliminate the 3 C's. Caffeine, Cola, Citrus fruits, also tomatoes cucumbers onions, basically everything we love! so annoying, actually one thing that seems to help me is chewing gum! it temporarily relieves that lump feeling,. well good luck. hope I helped a little😀

• Posted

Ah this has been very frustrating, I'm finding it very difficult to sleep. I seem to keep waking up in the night and it feels like something is lodged in my throat. Much worse than during the day.

• Posted

I know how it feels, I have had this a long time now. It does get easier when the anxiety in general is handled better, but it's a horrid feeling. Anxiety sure does make it worse

• Posted

Get some cinder blocks and prop up the top of your bed so u sleep on an incline and also try to sleep in left side. Try some gavisvon before bed but of course don't eat or drink anything 3 hrs before bed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.