Anybody on 240mg or been on it?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey,

Drs doubled my dosage cause I wasn't seeing any change. I'm 300lbs, attend gym daily and calorie count. I wanted to see if anybody else has been on this dose and got any advice? ??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

I have never heard of being prescribed that amount of Orlistat as far as I am aware 120mg is the maximum so I would try and get a second opinion.

• Posted

Hi mine are 120mg but if the doctors said take 2 give it a try x let me know how you get on  I have my 1st weigh in on Wednesday so fingers crossed that I have lost x
  • Posted

Hi, you don't say how long you have been on Orlisat, for some people it does take a few weeks to get into your system. Also, even with out the medication if you are following the regime you indicated above, providing the calorie intake is low enough and the gym excercis is pushing your body out of its comfort zone, you should be seeing some results. Have you spoken to someone at the gym for some guidnce.

All the documentation regarding Orlistat, which I have read states that 120mg is the maximum dosage, I would have some concerns about increasing to 240 mg.

If you are following a calroie controlled diet and going to the gym, with no weight loss, could there be something else going on with your body - under active thyroid for example.      

I m not in the medical profession so am not offering any advise, other than to be very cautious about increasing the dosage.

Goos luck  

• Posted

I've been on it for 4 weeks well it will be on Wednesday that's my 1st time back on the scales at the doctors 

• Posted

Hi Andrea,

I think there is some confusion, I was replying to Waspberry comment about doubling up medication.

Fingers crossed for a good result on Wednesday, how do you feel? Can you tell with your clothes yet? X

• Posted

Good luck hun xx i'm on them now and going to the loo a lot x only just started a week ago so not gonna weigh myself for a few weeks x let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

I have never heard of anyone been on that large amount, I wouldnt calorie count, i would watch the fat intake no more than 30mg of fat daily, no more than 15g on each food or you will see the oily monster.

I have a lot of weight to loose about 8 stone and prior to going on these tablets, y doctors did a full body scan via bloods to make sure it was my steroids i have injected for medical reason that was causing the pile on weight effect. Maybe you should get your doctor to do this.

I do aqua aerobics and swimming and light gym work. and in the 4 weeks i have lost a stone, 5 percent of body weight..

i do not calorie count  basically if i get something that is low in fat, i watch the sugar content..

For breakfast i will have cereal with a low fat yoghurt on it, search out their in the stores you will find low fat yoghurts that are low in sugar as well.

dinnner is normally a meat or salad sandwhich and then tea, is a salad or ready meal.

I do allow my self weekly a bar of chocolate.. or a piece of chocolate a day, because i think by taking out everything you like will make it boring.. i have switched to drinking more water which i hate.. and swopped milk to semi which i hate and white bread to brown bread which i hate.. but it seems to be working for me,

If i was you i would be asking my doc to be monitoring you every week.. i get monitored by our weigh in weekly and have to go back to the drs every month to get the following months tablets.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.