Anybody on 40mg?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was successful on 20 mg for 12 years. Had a relapse a few months ago, was upped to 30. Still not well, so they recommend 40. Anyone else this high?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes i am on 40mg.  But i am actaully going to docs tonight to see about reducing down, i tried myself the other week and ended up ill for 5 days.  Been on 40mg for 4 years and know i have a long road ahead to get down and get off.  If you can avoid going up to 40mg then please do cos now i feel trapped on that dose x
  • Posted

The higher the dose the harder it is to get off all together.  The thing is you may actually need to up to 40mg to get you through this bad patch.  Coming off is a slow process but you have to persevere.  From 7 tablets a week to 6 tablets the next week to 5 the next and so on until you get to none. It may seem like hard work but it will be worth it in the end.
    • Posted

I am very worried about coming off it but am seeking docs advice on how to do it and see what she advises it, i was put up to 40mg 4 years ago at the drop of a hat when really i should have stayed on the 20mg but i was seeing different doctors so it was inconsistent advice all the time.
  • Posted

Hello Jen,

I'm in the 40Club!

Fortunately, from the beginning I have had totally confidence in my Doctor. Again, fortunately for me my regular Doc was noit available so I opted to see another, thank goodness he was busy! I have permanently switched to the new Doctor as she has brought a better understanding of the whole problem, therefore, dare I say, also a more caring approach too! Having totally confidence in your Doctor seems, on occassions, rare here, but I was in no state to really argue as I was an overworked, stressed out, unfit, definitely unhealth and emotional wreck!

I have had slight side effects with each increase and there have been other "things" too however, this forum has helped me so much, I just go with the flow!

The thing that brought me here is no more, I have changed my lifestyle and hopefully, when better, help others. In the meantime I shall try and ride this thing the best I can and hopefully come off the best I can. I have some great advice on alternative, more natural supplements to take when I do.

So, I gave up worrying in the moiddle of all the panic attacks increased anxiety and general spaceyness and went with it. I wish it could have been a btter ride, but it could have been much worse if I hadn't accepted the full consequences of my illness.

Hey! I can only talk from my own experinces, but do you know, the good folk here helped me and without whose help me, my Fiancee, Daughter and Family would all be a lot worse off too!

Good luck and please try not to fret and remember the only "high" you will get apart from mg is getting better!

Best Regards,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.