Anybody on Mirt with Sore joints

Posted , 4 users are following.

please can anybody advise what to do with Joint pains. Recently am having Joint pains, finger joints, wrist joints....I have been on mirt for 6 years now

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I suffered with severe hip pain & if I had to make a sudden move it felt like I'd ripped my calf muscle had to use crutches for a few days everytime it happened. My eyesight also went.. I'm now long sighted ..I went the opticians before I was on mirt because of headaches my eyesight was fine.. started mirt was struggling to read shortly after ..??

• Posted

Once I came off mirt in no time all the pain went.. apart from the eyes I need glasses..
  • Posted

Well I'd say you need to check if there is another cause for the pains, before you assume it's the mirtazapine. See your doctor and get checked out - it could be a virus infection, or rheumatism, or lots of other easily remedied things.Tension and anxiety can make your muscles tighten, and this would cause joint pains - just a thought.

• Posted

I suffered terrible joint pain when I was on 30mg.  No problems with 15mg or 45mg.  I started on 15mg then upto 30mg.  I had terrible hip and leg pain.  Went upto 45mg and the pain went.  I am now tapering Mirt.  I went down to 30mg and I had the most excruciating pain from my shoulders down to my legs.  Even getting pain in my buttocks which I couldn't even sit down.  I can only describe the back pain as if I was in labour. This lasted a few days. I did explain this to my GP, but he just looked at me as if I was talking rubbish.  I am now back on 15mg and no pain at all.

• Posted

My pdr done the same Swanscity.. she tried to turn it that it was just about the weight gain.. I get my reports I'm so angry. I want to write a letter & say ..you shut me down after I mentioned weight bt iv been advised to write & say we don't connect pls refer me to another pdr ??

• Posted

Hello Swanscity

how long have you been on mirt? You went directly from 30mg to 15mg?

• Posted

Hi Charles9819.  I started them end of February.    I didn't bother going with the inbetween doses.  Just straight from 30mg to 15mg.  The first one I took of 15mg last week,   I felt awful.  So far I have been ok with them.  I took the 30mg for 3 weeks and will take the 15mg for 3.   Just want to get down to the 7.5mg and then finish them altogether.  If not I will have to try a lower dose. I hate the weight gain. I also take 100mg of Pregabalin for my anxiety,  which have helped better than Mirtazapine.

• Posted

The weight gain is a nightmare.  I've put on over a stone.  I didn't know about the weight issue until I came to this forum.  It's something the Dr's dont tell you.   Me being me,  I never read the small print on leaflets.

• Posted

Every ad has weight gain as a side effect, nothing like this.. I don't understand how it can be prescribed to people with depression & weight issues because itl cause issues for people who never had weight gain as a problem in the past. . A drug used to make anorexics eat .. I think our doctors must mo what this will do ?? I was pt on quetiapine before this I piled the weight on with that too ..we'll known for it.. it was a trainee pdr who said what the heck are they doing you have weight issues its in your notes ..I believe it was the cheaper choice. So I manage to get rid of that weight only to be piling it on again with mirt thanks to my heartless consult.. cnt see her again after this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.