Anybody out there day 4.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Last night I decided not to take tramidol or oxycontin due to feeling sick all day despite anti sickness meds. Well I am suffering for it this morning. Got 2 paracetamol at 6 and have to wait till 8 for stronger ones. The only thing is that it's usually after 9 before meds are out.. On the plus side I took three short walks yesterday and had 4 good hours sleep before I needed toilet. Of course I had one of those visitors yesterday who tried to tell me it wasn't that bad. Telling me this man had it done and was walking without crutches after 2 weeks and driving. He was only 40so maybe that was true but luckily consultant came. In while she was there and said we did cut through your muscles so it is only natural that you are sore. I'm tetchy this morning.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just remembered that the OxyContin held up my physio progress because I kept going lightheaded and dizzy so couldn't walk far.  Once off them and just on lower dose cocodamol during the day I was well away.  
  • Posted

keep battling on!!!   i am just 3 weeks post op, and i felt just the same as you do.  Didn`t take the tramodol either, as i know about the side effects, i had one really bad night and so i asked for Oramorph, took the pain away within minutes, and it was the best nights sleep i ever had, but boy, was i sick. After that, i could cope with paracetomol.  I had my dressing removed yesterday morning, and when i got home and looked at the scar!   WELL!!!   i didnt expect it to be that long, it made me realise what a bit operation i had, and exactly how much muscle they had to cut through.  So people that say things like I know some one who was walking in two weeks (and we all know someone who makes comments like that) have no idea just what we have gone through, and the healing process is different for every single person, depending on age etc.,  do your own thing and listen to your body, that`s the best advice i can think of giving and taking.    Rest and exercise are also beneficial, recouperation is a cocktail of everything.

take the best of care, x

• Posted

Hi Pep

I am 3 weeks post op as well - everything is very up and down isn't it?

I find I have good days, full of energy and then days when I have none. It's all the body's healing process I suppose and the good days will be more frequent as time passes.

I had Superpath proceedure so scar quite small 3.5 inches with a smaller half inch incision where they put the driver that lines up socket, a bit lower down. So,  how big is a normal scar out of interest?

How are you getting on with crutches - I am on one round house and have tried a few steps with nothing, but feel as if I have a slight limp so obviously not ready yet. Little pain during day, just a bit of discomfort - the feeling I had of having a metal rod in operated leg from knee to top of thigh ( which I have really!) seem to be diminishing and leg feeling more 'normal' as days go by.

Walking a bit further each day and hip seems very mobile, bending down with operated leg extended back quite comfortable. Don't feel as if I would want to even attempt driving at ths early stage as some have done.

Let me know how you are doing

Kind wishes Linda xx

• Posted

Thank you.. Home tomorrow all being well.
  • Posted

hello attractac -- have a calm and peaceful night - see you back at home -

big hug

renee

• Posted

Thank you. Madhouse here tonight two people throwing up God love them. I hope you have a good night too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.