Anybody try spinal cord stimulator

Posted , 3 users are following.

My sciatic nerve was damaged from surgery. I have tried everything now the doctors want me to try spinal cord stimulator?? Anyone try this good or bad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had one fitted a year ago and it is fairly successful... I have been able to reduce my Lyrica and Tapentadol over the same period to make life less zombie like... probably worth a try 
    • Posted

Hi Leonard,

Thanks I just had my consultation today think I'm going to do the trial and that way before committing fully I'm able to try for week to see if this works. I have tried everything

Wish me luck

Jackie

• Posted

Oh I wish you well with the experience. It has meant a easier time with the low/mid pains and I reckon my are about 50% reduced... the higher dose meds used to leave me drained and sleepy all the time but now I feel a good bit better... so again, I wish you well 
  • Posted

Definitely good if you cannot seriously deal with the pain.

I had an SCS approximately 6yrs ago and at first it did help me.

But about 18 months ago I became unable to sit due to pain in both buttocks, I went to see a surgeon who said that I needed am MRI but could not have one due to the SCS been metallic.

So I agonised over the decision for months and spoke to my family about it. I decided to have it removed and have the scan.

When surgeon looked at my scan he said it was too risky to operate because of where the scar tissue is.

I was then sent to the pain clinic and guess what?

They have offered me a SCS but this one is a higher frequency than the old one and you can be scanned with it in.

So now I have a nother decision to make, the hospital is about 100 miles away and I have difficulty with sitting and will it be effective?

Decisions decisions 😐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.