Anybody up?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i had a breakdown in May while on holiday! been on different anti depressants since now been on Mirtazapine for 11weeks but today my anxiety attacks have been terrible anybody else like this? positive feedback only please because very weak at the moment. thanks Anne

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

See your GP asap. You may need a stronger dose or a change of med.
    • Posted

I'm on the highest dose of 45mg! my psychiatrist has discharged me said i'm doing well and it takes time to recover from severe clinical depression and cbt next i went on wednesday and not been well since having panic attacks! at my wits end so frightened never been here before. thank you for your reply.
    • Posted

This seems to me another example of the limitation of psychiatrists. Of course it takes time to recover from clinical depression and during that time any psychiatrist should be there to help and to monitor progress.

If you've read earlier posts of mine you will know that I do not have a lot to say about psychiatrists in general. There are some good ones and some very good ones but finding the right one is difficult (and expensive).

You could be better served by seeing a psychologist. Unfortunately they are a rare species in the NHS and when you get to see one they are so busy it is very difficult to get their full attention and best help. Alternatively get a second opinion from another psychiatrist; this you are entitled to do. I would not attempt to continue with the one who has just given up on you.

• Posted

Hi anne, hope you are feeling somewhat better today!

I had a very similiar issue to yours, after taking a turn for the worst I finally accepted tablets from my doctor, they made me feel very numb, almost like I wasn't actually around, just observing.

I found it very hard to communicate and to well just live basically.

Don't be worried though, these things take time and i can now say happily i am no longer on tablets, i still have the bad days but I look back at where I was compared to where I am now and that gives me some well needed strength to carry on!

The weakness is normal, you are very mentally and emotionally drained and that will take it's toll on your body. 

Please go back to see your family doctor/Gp and explain everthing to him, how the tablets make you feel, how you feel about taking them etc, there are things out there that will work and help, you just need to find the right combination of medications and support!

I really wish you all the best I hope very soon you will be doing a lot better! If you ever want to talk I myself and many others are here for you!

Best wishes!x

-Ellis 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.