Anybody with experience with bulking agents to treat Stress incontinence

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I would really like to hear of peoples experience with bulking agents please.

For example:

did it relieve the symptoms?

For how long?

What was the procedure like - painful? long? uncomfortable?

Thanks for any feedback.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi ash22,

I had Bulkamid injected 2 days ago under a general anaesthetic (there was the choice of local also).  There was some soreness inside afterwards and some bleeding which stopped within 24 hours.  You are also given a course of antbiotics to take to ward off any infections.  It is early days yet but so far it seems to be working.

I was very keen to have Urolastic and have been in contact with Noes but really could not wait any longer for it to be available in UK  so went ahead with what was offered here.  I know it's not a permanent solution and will need topping up in a year or two but I'm hoping that by then Urolastic will be available and I can switch to that.

I understand from my urologist that the procedure is "rather unccomfortable" which is why I opted for a general but I know that many people have it done with just a local.

Good luck and I hope it works for you.

• Posted

Hi did you have the bulkamid? It's something I'm having done. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.