Anyone?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies"

Can anyone relate to my symptom?

my body ( off and on for gosh months now), absolutely aches, 

the only way I can describe it is I ache all over if I go up stairs my whole body aches?

feels like I have ran a marathon the prior day or been to the gym just aches all over ...today I have this and seems each time I get an aching body comes worse than prior?

why does this happen? 

Gosh I'm only 46 and feel like I have aged considerably since entering the peri!!!

can someone recommend somthing please, just fed up with it now , literally nipped out for some odds and ends and my less feel sooooo heavy, was going to do the hoovering BUT all I have done is NOTHING because I'm to tired!!!! How sad?!!

thanks ladies,

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sheely - I also ache but it has got alot better since I started taking Osteocare, a tablet containing Mangnesium, calcium, zinc & D3 - 2 a day!
    • Posted

Hi Barbara, 

thankyou for the quick reply.........

Think I have heard of that is it from Boots?

soooooo how long have you been taking this? 

How long we're you taking it for till u noticed any difference?

just that my body just bloody ache's.......like if you have done a session at the gym and really ached the following day.....

thanks anyway.

• Posted

Hi Shelly - ive been taking it for about 8 months now! I have forgotton a few times & then the pain creeps back, so I never forget now! It will take a couple of weeks to kick in!
  • Posted

Hi Shelly,

Does it feel like you are coming down with the flu?

I've had this a long time, a year ago it was the pits on a day out with my husband I couldn't wait to sit down at the next available bench or café, I even went shoe shopping just so I could sit down a while.

He's very quick if he wants something but on this occasion while he looked for a dvd my legs were turning to jelly and I had to go outside the shop and sit down.

We were out about 2 hours and it was an ordeal.

Then my daughter wanted me to take her clothes shopping for her birthday and after 10 minutes in the shop I'd had enough, gave her some money to get on with it whilst I sat and had a coffee (I needed the energy to walk back to the car).

It's crashing fatigue. Hoovering is hard I used to do the house in the time it takes me to do one room and then I have to rest before going on to the next one.

My husband is good and he does it most of the time now. He can do it all and be done while I wash up or something that involves less effort.

I take b12 it helps a bit.

Since starting HRT in November I have noticed the need to sit down a little less.

I started with occasional bouts of it, I didn't know at the time but early peri, I don't know if it was with my cycle because I just thought I had something horrible going on.

I had it one day when I was 38 then not again until I was about 43, then I'd have odd days.

Worse for being there a lot at 47 ish,

But worst one time occasion last year.

• Posted

Yes I get the flu feeling especially after coming out of anxiety it really puts you down it wears me out I want to sleep the rest of the day the aches I get in the shoulders and hands are getting to me now it's like a toothache doesn't hurt just a nagging feeling in my shoulders and hands grrrrrr when will it end
  • Posted

Yes I have Shelly - woke up the other morning feeling like i'd been in a boxing ring with Mike Tyson.  Unbelieveable and I'd done nothing to deserve it.  Have taken nothing because out of the blue it just disappears so I just wait for the next bout.  Need to make a diary listing period dates/symptom dates to try and see if there's a pattern.  Haven't taken anything yet as don't want to be on pills for ever and waiting for it to get so horrendous that I do need to take something if that makes sense.  I'm not allowed to take HRT.  My back aches too, all the way up and down the spine and my neck.  Hope the magnesium/vits help you.  Good luck.
  • Posted

yes, constant body aches but never really sick from anything -so I always just chalk it up to hormones...ugh...I'm 42
  • Posted

I do get aches and pains. Also mental exhaustion, which is new for me. I can, for example, clean the house(in a small way like tidy up) then find I am exhausted. Plus I am mentally exhausted. 

My feet ache my legs, my back. Sometimes it is specific. It can be my neck area or my legs. I need to stretch my legs a lot (restless). I HATE having stairs because I pee a lot and that means hiking up there all day because I need the loo. 

I can go out and be okay, but not for long, as extreme exhaustion kicks in. Then I have to be almost evacuated. We don;t have a car so its a nightmare. As at that point, I don't want to make small talk with a stranger (taxi driver). It's just easier to not go out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.