Anyone?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm new to this topic on this site and was wondering if anyone gets these symptoms, I had a bad batch of chest pain ( costochondritis ) last year and have now developed health anxiety and depression because of it and one of the main problems I have had for a while now are these palpitations? Which I never had before. Can feel my whole body pulsing at times or my neck or head, hate lying on my left side because I can feel palpitations when I press down against it, almost short of breath at times, well it feels like

It I know I am not really if that makes sense? Had ECG last year and came back all

Clear was just wondering if anyone can relate to this story as in maybe had a physical injury which then brought on these kind of symptoms , any help would be much appreciated cheers

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like one of my initial two symptoms. What felt like a heavy slow heartbeat that was so powerful, I could see my stomach rise, could feel the pressure in my next and groin artieries. As the symptoms used to be quite infrequent, the NHS ecgs could never catch it, so I bought my own ECG. When I have this symptom, the ecg graph shows a spike that goes all the way to the top, then flattens out because the graph doesnt have enough room, then the spike shoots down to the bottom and once again flattens out as the graph isnt big enough. I wont tell you what my current diagnosis is, only to say the money I spent on that ECG machine is probably the best money I ever spent.

I would generally get this particular symptom when lying down and after a meal. 

• Posted

Thanks for reply! Yeah I never used to get this only recently and am on beta blockers but damn palpitations are scary lol
  • Posted

I hope you are doing better. I get a skip most days. Scares me like crazy. But, they say they are benign. Not in my mind. They really upset my day or night. I hate to lay on left side at night because I feel thumping. And jumping. Maybe you should get an echo. I Hallam getting another one tomorrow for peace of mind. If the find something I hope it can be fixed.Had these things for like forty years, but getting them more now!! Hope you hang in and try not worry as it makes them worse. Take care, Mabel27.
    • Posted

Thanks I hate lying on left side feels like my heart is outside my rib cage lol
    • Posted

I too have been getting heart flutters and palpitations since October. It's worse at night. It's hard to sleep at night wether on my side or back, it's constant shifting. Symptoms are getting worse for me with the shortness of breath, heart flutters, dull chest pains, headpressure, lightheaded and headpressure. Ekg was normal, did 48h Holter monitor and waiting to do echocardiogram. Then I will get my results. I'm only 36 and just walking slowly on the elliptical exhausted me like I ran a marathon. It's sad, I don't get it.

• Posted

Yeah I kind of get the same symptoms except I don't get exhausted like u said the beta blockers do help though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.