Anyone at 4 weeks on Citalopram?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi love to share some war Stories! I am feeling like hell today. 4 weeks next Monday (in 4 Days! ) Anxious, headache, chest discomfort, weary, unmotivated.... feels like a hangover of the worst Kind!

The hope I am hanging onto is that occasionally evenings I feel better and Citalopram does help me sleep most nights. Bloody Wretched side effects though.

Like all of you I just want to feel better be myself Again!

To all of you - wishing you good days Ahead!

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Yo Shane I'm at five weeks tomorrow.

Had real up and downs. Today I woke up it felt like i was in a Dream world lol

I hope your journey keep improving . All I've learnt from these is you have to persevere lol hard when you feel like you're getting worse. I'm just trying to have faith.

All the best

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply! Do you have any morning Anxiety? My doc has prescribed low dose valium for bad days but I am reluctant to take it unless desperate. Counting down the days and weeks until I feel Better!
    • Posted

Hi you must be near 8 weeks Now? How are you doing Overall? SHANE
  • Posted

Have you considered trying another med?? I keep asking people this because I myself had a TERRIBLE time on Zoloft and I only took it four days. It was extremely intense. Panic attacks. Tight checks. Paranoia. I thought I was going to die. I freaked out and had to leave work. So I stopped taking and asked to be switched to citalopram
  • Posted

I have been on it 6 months now 10 mg thr first 6 weeks horrible no apetite sleep all over the place and felt realy spaced out couldnt be bothered to do anything never went out thr house . Hang on in there it foes get better x
    • Posted

Thanks Tammy your reply is helpful. I am starting week 5 today and your description is pretty much my experience too. How do you feel now after 6 months?

Kind regards Shane

• Posted

Alot better shane i can seam ti handle the anxiety better than before i still get anxious days but are able to brush them of and knowing they wont hurt me stay strong you will feel better here if you wanna chat
    • Posted

Hi, having a bad Day! Can't shake the morning anxiety. 5 weeks yesterday for me. When does this hell End? Awful

• Posted

Hang in there Shane! Have you talked to your doctor? Maybe they can prescribe something to assist. Vistaril was offered to me. And also Ativan. I took that the first couple days with the bad anxiety. Thankfully I made it over the hump but I'm only on 10mg. What mg are you on??? Stay strong!!!!

• Posted

Shane you need try not to think about it u are waking up thinking about anxiety and thats making you feel anxious it does get better i promise you this
    • Posted

Hi Brittany, on 10 mg for 6 days and then upped to 20 mg. So a total of 5 weeks last Monday. My doc gave me valium 5 mg. I take half of one some mornings but don't find it does much and don't want to up the dose and have to deal with getting off a Benzo.

Doing my best to tough it out but most morning are excruciating. I am hoping the 8 week mark will bring some relief. Are you feeling pretty good now?

• Posted

Thanks Tammy, I will try that tomorrow. It seems to help if I get up immediately and get in the shower. Definitely I am more anxious when I lay in bed in the morning dreading the way I feel.

Glad things are going well for you at 6 Months! Shane

• Posted

I am taking Citalopram and just upped my dose to 20mg so am having the horible anxiety and spaced out feelings. I am also having some counselling to help with the anxiety and was shown this technique to help the negative thoughts getting hold in the morning. It takes a bit of practice but I find it does help. Firstly, give the negative thought a label .... I just say 'oh hello, negative thought. Here you are again". Then take a half breath in and hold it half way for as long as you can, then take the full breath in and hold it for as long as you can, then breath out half way, hold it, then breath all the way out. Do it about 6 times then take one big breath in and out. Before you start just check on a scale on 1 -10 how bad you feel (10 being the worst), then when you've donr the breathing routine, check your level again. It's something you can do anytime. The idea is that it interupts the negative thinking. Hope it helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.