Anyone awake?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Third night in a row of not sleeping and it's driving me crazy.

Ive had 10mg NITRAZAPAM which gave me 2 hours sleep. Am now wide awake, it's so frustrating and annoying.

i so envy people who go to bed and five minutes later are fast asleep. It would be so easy to go and make hot milk with a huge shot of brandy, that always helps me sleep.

just wondered if any of the forum members are in the same boat and want to chat.

Alonangel are you awake? How are you doing, not heard from you in a while.

Oh well, looks like it's kindle time yet again

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi hon. I'm often awake at night but I wasn't last night so didn't see this till the morning.

Would your doctor up your dose of nitrazepam? Or add in something like hydroxyzine? Always worth asking.

i HATE being awake all night. it's demoralising.

Hugs and sympathy. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi tess

thanks for replying. Am now on 4th night without any sleep at all. I've asked my doctor previously for something stronger, and he's always said no, "no-one ever dies from lack of sleep"  at mo it's 5mg NITRAZAPAM . Last night I took 10mg and it made no difference.

Got an appointment on Monday so I really need to stress that this insomnia is doing my head in. I avoided hot milk and brandy last night, so looks like tonight will be the same.

Roll on Monday as if this continues I'll tell him I will be back drinking again. Am off to Tenerife in a couple of weeks, not sure if their prescription rules are the same as mainland Spain. You can get diazapam over the counter there €4.20 for 5mg diazapam. Now don't go rushing off to Spain Tess! xx

• Posted

I am sorry I wasn't around to answer your post Vickylou.

What you describe is the reason I still drink every evening.  I am terrified of lying awake in the dark whilst my husband sleeps peacefully beside me.  I just can't bear the way my brain won't shut down, no matter how tired I am.  If only I had a switch.

You have my total sympathy and I think you are very, very brave for persevering.

Pat xxxx

• Posted

thanks patricia

i am now on 4th night without any sleep. I'm so glad you understand where I'm coming from. I've moved in one of the spare bedrooms, as my husbands peaceful snoring is doing my head in!!

At least I don't have to go to work. I'd be like the living dead

xx

• Posted

Omg vickylou hope everything is ok
    • Posted

hi peter

Thanks for caring and replying. All I want is to go to sleep, not a lot to ask!!

• Posted

I didn't see your post, Vickylou. I had trouble with the site, a few times..... and got fed up with it !

I often watch and listen to music on Y**Tu**.

Nostalgia and my own weird eclectic mix of music... oh well, it passes the time !

The sedatives don't work for me.

The sleep deprivation drives me crazy... crazier !!

& eff the "counting sheep" palaver.....there aren't enough sheep in the world, ha,ha !

I've been trying to concentrate on reading, but I seem to have the attention span of a newt.  

Good Luck with "zzzzzzzzzz" time, tonight. 1.50 a.m. now.

Angel ??????  (some hope)  XX

• Posted

Now 2.30am and counting!

Its horrible isn't it. My sleeping tablets don't work either.

i don't think people really understand what it's like unless they've been there. Even my husband says you must have dropped off at some point!

xx

• Posted

I actually feel like getting up again.

Problem with that is my knacked back... I need to lie and rest my spine.

Any hovering lessons, out there?

• Posted

I did get up for half an hour, walked in the study and the first thing I saw was my husbands 60 year old malt whisky. I'd been tempted with hot milk and brandy last night and resisted. I thought for a split second that will help me sleep, and then we'd have a huge argument, a big family dinner to cook on Saturday as its husbands birthday and me feeling cxxp. The campral is working. I shut the door and did some ironing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.