Anyone awake to talk about short term sertraline use?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Took sertraline for three days with awful side effects.  Looking to message with anyone on this feed who is awake.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Sertraline Does take time to get in to your system. It took me 10 days until I started feeling relief from my depression and anxiety. If you can stick with it through these side effects, they will subside

• Posted

Thanks for your response.  I had to stop taking them.  I just couldn't take the side effects.  

• Posted

Sertraline is long acting drug. The full effects will be felt only in 4-6 weeks. Three days will not make much of a difference. What side effects do you have with it? If its too bad then you should see your doctor immediately.
    • Posted

Thank you, I stopped after three days and it has now been three days.  I'm feeling better each day.  Still not sleeping though and thought about trying Melatonin.

• Posted

I decided to come off these after 5 days. I couldn't take the initial side effects. Sickness and vomiting being the worse combined with not sleeping at all. I felt horrendous. Though now I am back to square one wishing I stuck it out a little longer. 

No winning. Keep you're GP informed of how you are doing. 

• Posted

I wonder if I will wish I had kept on taking them.  Those three days were the longest of my life.  I'm looking forward to the side effects to wear off.  

• Posted

Hi! 

I started Sertraline (50mg) about 5 days ago, and my side effects were pretty awful the first two days. I felt nauseous, tired, dizzy, anxious, and just generally horrible. They started easing up and now I feel almost perfectly fine. I'm very shaky and I've lost some weight and I'm still not eating a lot but they're definitely improving, and the nausea is almost completely gone now. It does take a while and they usually say two weeks to let the side effects fully settle and its different for everyone, but I really recommend carrying on taking them. The side effects do get better but it takes a while to get into your system and for your body to get used to it.

• Posted

Thanks for your response.  I had to stop.  I felt so ill.  I am going to try to make it with out medicine for a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.