Anyone been to a&e for suicidal thoughts?

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been feeling very suicidal lately and i was going to go to a&e but ive heard horror stories about going there for mental health. Has anyone been and if so please can you tell me about it? i need yo go get help but im scared

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi abbi19580,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

If you are based outside of the UK.

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but they also have suggestions for how you can access help in other countries.

Please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

Patient

• Posted

To be honest I would not consider going to A&E at the moment but my advice to you would be to speak to family or friends if you are considering taking this route

Do you have a Councillor you can talk to, have you rang the samaritans also mind have an excellent help line, can I ask are you on any medication to help with your depression

Please don't do anything but ask for help

Take care xx

• Posted

I'm on medication, I'm currently taking sertraline and zopiclone

I've spoken to samaritans about this but it hasn't really helped. i don't have a counsellor because the waiting list is about 6 months long and i cant afford to go private

• Edited

I would give mind a ring they are really helpful

Their is a website called no more panic, its a pier to pier group but there is always someone to communicate with even during the night and because most people on the site have been in your situation themselves they have a good handle on how to get through this, even if they can't physically be there for you they will give fantastic support

Considering how you are feeling I promise you that you can get better

• Posted

The reason for moderation is I obviously posted the name of a site they don't have on their exceptance list.

Don't worry hopefully it will be passed eventually but sadly your situation needs support now not in a weeks time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.