Anyone bump lexapro up from 20 to 30?

Posted , 1 user is following.

so about to weeks ago I started drinking for about a week or so. Well after I stopped drinking I all of a sudden woke up with a racing heartbeat and depression. I thought maybe I was sick so i went to the er 3 times only for them to tell me I was fine. They gave me a 9 day supply of ativan for my panic attacks. They told me I most likely sent my body into withdrawal from alcohol and I agreed. It's been 6 days without ativan and I know withdrawals from that are occurring. however when I take my lexapro it makes me feel worse now, today is the first day that i feel a little bit better i believe after a couple of hours of taking it. i went to my doctor and she asked me if ii wanted to up my dose and i said no anxious bc I might suffer from side effects again. I have to see her in 4 weeks. should I wait and see how I feel in another week or too after this bumpy road gets better or go ahead and bump?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.