Anyone can help with advise fluoxetine!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I’ve a few threads lately it’s the only thing that chills me !! Ive taken fluoxetine for 12 years on and off 9 weeks ago I hit a anxiety low and I had missed a few of my 40mg doses , so doc advised to go back to them tidy after 4 weeks no improvement then they upped to 60 first 2 weeks were bearable however these last 3 weeks are horrendous!! So out of it they making me sooo drowsy and no motivation what so ever I’m a Mam of three children I can’t function this drowsy and the flat feeling and anxiety is at a all time low 😭😭😭today I’ve only toke 40mg today after a dizzy and exhausting day yesterday, my question is do you think it’s lost it’s effectiveness for me now and should I gradually taper off and try citroplam and is that a could medication for anxiety . I’m in a loving HELL !!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Jessica I been on fluxotine myself before years ago I hit a very bad low period before xmas so tried venlafaxine never done anything then went on trazodone no luck there either so 4 weeks ago I started on 20mg of fluxotine I feel like my life has spiralled out of control constant anxiety even just sitting in my home doz gave me diazipan hasn't touched the sides feel terrible the worst I have ever felt before I'm going to see my doc this afternoon I carnt do another day it's crippling me xx

• Posted

Aww sorry to hear your having a rough time to Hun , I’ve tried I stuck 4 weeks on 40mg an 60mg for 5 weeks so after 9weeks I was hoping to have some improvement I was gettin there first two weeks on 60mg but last three weeks I’ve come down with a bang !! I’ve heard good reviews on citroplam really considering it xx
  • Posted

Hi Jessica I was much the same but kept reading give it 12 weeks 8weeks on 40 now 7th week on 60 not an easy journey but I think I may  be just about there only hung on as I know it works with good results  maybe alternate 40and 60 see how that goes good luck stay strong I also do a bit of mindfulness on YouTube it does helpxx
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply Hun it’s nice to kno I’m not alone in this 😢 I’ve takin 60mg for 5 weeks it’s been to much the side effects are unbearable on 60 mg goin keep tryin 40mg an maybe 60mg the next day an so on xxx

• Posted

me too jessica, i wish I had an easy answer.  I am only 8 days back on my 20mg dose after going off it cold turkey, That was a mistake, I do know it takes time to build up but in the meanwhile, I have no real answer to the anxiety or panic or lack of sleep.  I am hoping someone here will post.
    • Posted

I’ve never had the issues with sleep I’ve always been a great sleeper ! Lol , it’s just the self doubt discontented feelin and panic that I can’t seem to control , I’ve only takin 40mg today and the side effects are a lot less today I’m goin wait to speak to a doctor next week and may start weaning of to try citroplam . I hope your sleep improves for u ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.