Anyone concerned about the news on Amitriptyline and demenia?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on Amitriptyline 10mgs for eight years. The latest news about the connection between Amitriptyline  and dementia is scary. Would like to get other users view on this.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes very concerning but can’t function without sad 
    • Posted

Hi jennifer,

if you dont mind me asking what do you mean by you cant function without it

Richard

• Posted

I can’t eat. I have chronic pancreatitis and without it, I suffer from no appetite, extreme nausea and pain. I also have chronic Lyme disease and i have severe head and neck pain without sad I tried coming off of it and quit cold turkey (due to what I thought was adverse effects) and I almost died. So now back on but still not feeling well at all sad 
    • Posted

I take 50 mg. At least I am eating and sleeping again. I want off the medicine though. 
    • Posted

Yes I am on 10mg for the past couple of months and I want off it already. Feel so ill,  not real ( if that makes sense), starting to get forgetful as well.  All this in the last few months. I hate it.
  • Posted

I have tried also, can get to 5mgs and then all hell  breaks loose. But last night I chipped a tenth off and am trying again. If I can get to 5mgs, will stay there a long long time, like even six months. Then I will try to get some liquid to get off the rest.
    • Posted

Hi Charlene,,,,I've been on 50MG now for 7 years don't think I will ever get off them,,,but good luck,,,

• Posted

Hi charline , it took me 11 months to get off of 10 mg. I first went to 5 mg and like you all hell hit, awful symptoms. I ended up getting Amitriptyline in liquid. Get off of it slow, you will do it xx
    • Posted

Hi Amanda, I am now struggling having reduced to 10 mg, and am nibbling a bit off that. What were your symptoms during the 11 months if it is ok to ask you.. And what are the benefits of the liquid over the tablets.
    • Posted

Hi richard, i had nausea, belching, ibs type symptoms ie cramps , diarrhoea, anxiety and became paranoid. I got it in liquid as it made it easy to drop my half a ml at a time. x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.