anyone craving a cooked breakfast

Posted , 5 users are following.

OK so I have just had an experimental breakfast that turned out to be delicious.

4 mushrooms finely sliced 11 calories 0.2g fat

3 slices of pancetta88 calories 7.7g fat

1 slice kingsmill crustless bread 49 calories 0.4g fat

dry fry the mushrooms with salt and pepper

chop the pancetta into small pieces

cut the bread in quarters

when the mushrooms are cooked add the pancetta and when the fat starts to run add the bread to fry in the fat.

Eat

Total 148 calories 9.4g fat but tastes like so much more

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ooooh, might have to try that. For some reason I was craving a bacon sandwich when I got to work. Have resisted, will go and have my Muller Corner instead. Thanks for the recipe!
  • Posted

i love bacon and egg sandwiches, yum (i hate the yolk anyway, so atleast that fatty bit is out), but an alternative for bacon is ham!

just warm it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds. and too be honest altho u can tell the difference you dont feel like ur missing out!

• Posted

i have been eating bacon, sainsburys and asda both sell low fat bacon medallions, about 1g per piece and asda sell low fat sausages, they're about 3.5g for 2 (obviously have other ingredients to reduce the pork and fat content) so that with an egg or egg white and some beans would make a good full breakie
  • Posted

For the bacon lovers, (that definitely includes me!!) what about Turkey Bacon? I'm new to the calorie counting bit, so not sure of the content, but I am sure its less.

I had a poached egg with a bagel which was not too fat at all, and I did not feel hungry again for quite some time! (afraid to add bacon as I had a busy day out and didn't want any issues) But maybe I will try it with ham or turkey bacon, that's an idea! I need something that is filling as I don't have time to snack all day as I'm on the go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.