anyone dizzy?

Posted , 6 users are following.

am waiting to have an endoscopy (my doc wants to rule out any heart problems cause i ahve wheezing and shortness of breath when symptoms are bad) anyway he put me on a prescription PPI , not helping much- seems to help as much as the acid blockers(otc) but i got slightly dizzy after i eat but when i started taking the ppi i was really dizzy and not just after i ate- i stopped it for 3 days and i still get dizzy and unbalanced after i eat but goes away in an hour- i also am dizzy when i wake up in the morning- does anyone else have this side effect or ive ehad can be a result of the reflux/gastrtits

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you diabetic or have you been checked for it? Also, is your BP OK?
  • Posted

Hi Matt,

Check your PPI - dizziness can be a side effect - I didn't realise mine was making me feel dizzy until I came off them. They can make you incredibly tired too! Takes them a few days to get out of your system.  

• Posted

yes ty glennie, i think youre right - i stopped taking them and the dizziness gradully went away- they werent doing any more than the otc acid blockers were anyway
  • Posted

Dizziness can be a symptom of taking acid reducers. On another note, reflux and dehydration can go hand in hand. Drink plenty of water, you could just be dehydrated. Eat fruits and veg, lay off the processed foods. Hope you get better soon.
    • Posted

ty  i cant eat fruits theyr too acidic- but the acid reducers ive been on didnt cause any dizziness but as soon as i took the prec, ppi i noticed it more -have since stopped tsking them- im fine on my days off after i eat but in work im dizzy for about an hour after i eat ive read its a digestion problem wiyth rerouting the blood to aid digestion- and youre right i do need more water during the day but processed foods dont bother me too much- bu man my apt is so dry if i dont keep a window open at night ill wake up almost gaging my throat gets so dry
  • Posted

replying to myself- lolwas supposed to get an endoscopy but havent yet, but i feel like i have all symptoms of hiatel hernia- i kept on a low acid diet and took otc acid blockers for a year almost and it slowly went away - im so happy im back to my regular well being - sometimes i get symptoms but mild now , havent taken a pill in over a month now i still watch what i eaat and dont indulge a lot of food or quickly- i wonder if this is gastritis and it is cured or if my hernia somehow got smaller or lining went back in my stomach?/ im just happy- i mean i had terrible symptoms- shortness of breath , and dehydrated when i had acute attacks, aslo dizzy even without the blockers- constant burping, sour stomack, excess saliva(to neutralize acid) bad metal or blood taste in my mouth- 
  • Posted

Ppis take 2 weeks to get out of system according to my doc. I got tingling in fingers when I was on ppis I thing this was due to vitamin absorption. This caused me to become anxious lol. My docs solution was anti depressants. But I came off the Ppis after seeing a different doc with another opinion. Personally I don't like ppis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.