Anyone do this

Posted , 7 users are following.

i been waking up in the middle of the night extremely hot heart racing and nauseous, anyone else do this? it last a bit then subsides not completely gone but eases then i doze of happens again over and over this started when cycle ended a week ago

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

yes!!! everytime i fall asleep..wheyher trying to nap or sleep at night. what wakes me ip is this electracution falli v feeling in my head. then all follows once im awzke..heRt racing. feeling sick weird in my head. yes it takes hours before i have a window also im drenched in sweat..ur not alone. hang in there

• Edited

im still awake hot anxiety dry heaving from worrying about all this. i cant take no more why is all this so intense and hard to deal with.

• Edited

idk...it drains u. i really have no life .i just survive right now..i have windows where im.able to go to store or eat or try to nap. but i hate how i feel all day everyday. some days its worse. i guess lack of hormones really is bad..they control alot of things in our bodies. i pray for it all to pass but reading this forum helps to know im not alone ..when it first started happening real bad. i seriously didnt know how to deal with it..ican a little now but everytime it happens it still scares me..hang in there and stick with the fiorum it helps..god bless u

• Edited

Hi Jayne, I see you are really suffering...you should have your hormone levels checked, you can get your symptoms treated by medications, hormones in different forms(ointment/pills/patches) or even natural remedies....you need to see your doctor, hope you get some relief Best Wishes๐Ÿ’’โ˜ฎ๐ŸŒˆโค๐Ÿ€โ™พ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ’ž

• Edited

have saw a few drs. i am post menapause i been told by female dr they do not need a nlood test cuz they already know my hormones are low i dont have a period i wS prescribed meds that have no relevence to my sympyoms i even had a female dr tell me im sorry i cant give u. a quivk fix when all i was askong for wS answers.my insurance unfortunatley limits me to health cli ics ..thank u for ur advice ..

• Posted

Hi Jaynie, I am so sorry they feel there is nothing they can do for you, yes post menopause there's no point doing hormone tests. If you have specific symptoms, are they able to help you with those? Depending on your symptoms, maybe they should check into some other cause? or are they sure its all from those hormones and not thyroid(other hormones) or something else? Even if they can help with a few symptoms it could improve your quality of life?! Please don't suffer alone, if the Drs cannot help, keep up communication with friends or family, even if you have to make new ones!! I don't mind having a chat now & then, if you ever need an ear!!Take Care & Best Wishes to you!!๐Ÿ’’โ˜ฎ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ€โ™พ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿพ

• Edited

Hi Pamela, have you had your hormone levels checked? This can be peri-menopause and there are multiple ways to treat it...don't continue to suffer, go see your Dr and get some answers, some symptoms can be treated and there are natural remedies to try!! Good Luck & Best Wishes๐Ÿ’’โ˜ฎ๐ŸŒˆโค๐Ÿ€โ™พ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ’ž

• Edited

Hi Pamela, yes, I have had periods of going through this.

At first (like 5 years ago) it was just a few days every now and then.

Then it was a few days every time I had a period.

Then my periods became unpredictable and I was having this almost all the time.

I couldnt stand it anymore and finally went on a low dose of hrt.

estrogen patch plus progesterone pill.

It has helped a lot.

I am having a few bad days this week and all the anxiety, nausea, lack of appetite, bad digestion, etc. that comes along with startling awake heart racing and hot every day at 330 am but felt like myself for weeks before that.

I'm trying to be gentle with myself about it, but it's hard.

Hang in there, here if you want to vent!!

Sara

• Posted

hello

unfortunately this just sounds like a night sweat. a hot flush you have at night. i dont get nausea, but that could be the anxiety of being jolted awake. i have water to sip by my bed,and an electric fan, and i tell myself 'oh its a hot flush, it will be over soon'. when it was really bad i went off to the toilet because by the time i got there and back, it was calming down. i use valerian and hops drops to help me sleep, which also helps me fall asleep again afterwards. if i dont, i try to just stay calm and watch what ever is going on in my head from a distance. i paint, and imagine in detail painting a picture i have just finished, to get my mind out of the panic mode.

• Posted

forgot, i take two sage tablets at lunchtime, which help calm the hot flushes.

i started getting hot flushes in my early forties, i finally came off the combined pill at 52 and immediately went into menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.