Anyone done the Blephex for Blepharitis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got blepharitis since January 2013 so close to 2 years already.  I read about this procedure around late 2013 and how its a new procedure where an eye doctor basically uses this object and wipe/clean your eyelids.  I seen it on youtube as well and some ppl online mention that it helped with their blepharitis and made their eyes feel great.  I also read someone mentioned it cured their blepharitis.

Can anyone here who had this procedure share their experience with this procedure?  I read its pretty fast and safe and it isn't a big procedure.  Also read its pretty cheap like under $150 or so and from what i read, they recommend it twice a year only.  I did read some ppl say it didn't help them but most ppl who said they done it, it helped quite a bit.

Im going to see an eye doctor again soon and when i called the phone numbers in NYC where im from if they do it, few places i found online... they said they do but receptionist wasnt that sure and had to make sure.  I was confused b/c since its an eye doctor, i was surprised many didnt know much about these procedure.

Can anyone who had this prodcuedre share their expereicne?  Also which doctor they saw who did procedure for them and how it went overall?  I'm also curious if anyone had this procedure and it made their eyes worst and they regretted doing it.  From what i read, its pretty safe and i think the worst case would be no effect?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

unfortunetly theres only one place in the uk that does this and just for a consultation cost around $400  . rip off and after it cost more for for procedure      

• Posted

Or you can deal with it yourself for nothing.

I have looked at the UK advert for this and I notice that most of the people extolling the virtue  of this method, are not medical doctors.  

It is possible to deal with blepharitis yourself, as we have discussed before.

• Posted

Hi.

Have asked this question a number of times. No answer, which, to me means no one has had this procedure.

If I could find anyone in the UK who does this, I will be first in the queue.

Are you in the UK?

• Posted

Hi Mary, as I recall, Drewlizard is and American, he was in Canada when I first came across him.  I don't know whether he has returned to the US

I am in the UK and if you Google this procedure, you will find that it is available here.  I didn't go as far as checking the cost

• Posted

Hi im back in the usa.  So i was curious if anyone had this procedure done in ny.  Also is this a uk forum?  Thus most of you are from the united kingdom?  

• Posted

Hi Drew, yes, this is a UK forum, didn't you notice the web address - patient.info !

There are quite a lot of members in the US and elsewhere in the world but the website is UK based

• Posted

So im back in the states.  I contacted a few places that seem to have the blephex procedure according to the site.

I had read this procedure is not expensive, its like $150-$200 total.  

I contacted a few places and all of them mention to see them its going to be 250-300 minimum for consultation.  Then the procedure... there was one place that they charge 500-800 dollars per procedure.

Is there a reason these places are quoted this high?  I thought it didn't cost more than $200 at the aboslute max and i read few ppl who done it for $150 only.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.