Anyone else eish to share experience/s with "pseudo"-seizures?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.

My name's Randy and live in Chicagoland area. I was diagnosed with "pseudo"-seizures primarily I believe because my doctor could find no hard evidence (scans, in-hospital eeg stays, no abnormal brain waves while totally off meds, etc...). So, he tells me he's 90 percent sure I don't have epilepsy and 10 percent I still could for some unknown reason. I then saw a clinical neuro-psychologist who specializes in diagnosing pseudo- seizures, and after about 6-7 months, I was told in her opinion, I have pseudo-seizures.

Mine started out of blue one night at age 35, (now 47). They happen, on average, about once every 3-4 months and seem to happen now after a stressful event (very upset about something), and lack of good sleep. I get about a 10 second aura before mine. My aura is a light lightheadedness that gets stronger and stronger than start hearing voices, until it happens then.

I'm also looking for a support group in Chicagoland area too to talk and share experiences.

Anyone else wish to share?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi I live in the UK and have had very similar problems with doctors being quite slow to diagnose pseudo seizures or NEAD as it's called here . I feel that because this is a relatively new form of seizures most doctors give you a title such as NEAD hoping that will suffice .

My seizures are mostly caused by severe pain , also stress , however none of the doctors have tried to control these triggers , all they do are throw pills at me and consider it to be non-life threatening and therefore needs no medical invention .

I hope you have more success in your country . Please let the forum know if you discover a different type of treatment . Best wishes from Janet .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.