Anyone Else Ever Experience Weepy Feeling/Crying increasing or Decreasing a Dose?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i am currently on 75mg and a quarter of a 37.5mg tablet seems to be depending on the size of the quarter tablet the next day i could have a headache wakening, weepy feeling and or crying. Im thinking of increasing back up by a quarter but know i will spend weeks crying, feeling anxious, low mood etc. I did the quarter cut back at the end of February. Trying to balance myself out. Anyone else ever experience this?? Many thanks for any replies.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you're sensitive to dose changes. When taking fractions I use a jewellery scale to keep my doses accurate. Mind you I use capsules with the tiny white beads for my reductions. Sorry I'm not more help. This is just an awful drug to taper off of and the short half life opens us up to lovely withdrawal symptoms very quickly after adjusted doses.

• Posted

Should've said I have experienced the mad weepy outbursts when reducing too. Maybe go up half of your quarter to help you stabilise rather than the full quarter???

• Posted

Hi phyllisj thank you for your replies. I bought a jewellers scale but doesnt have mg so tried to convert to g's and couldnt get it to work at all didnt give me the same reading as my conversion. Do you mean for me to go up by half of another quarter? I dont understand how such a small difference in qtr sizes effects me so badly but it does. I did 2 other qtr cuts last year and didnt have any problems. Mix in menopause and i dont know which symotom relates to which?, very similar with crying, anxious feeling etc... Thanks i appreciate your reply.

• Posted

Yep, half of a quarter rather than a quarter could be enough to stabilise you. It's amazing how tiny changes in dosage have such huge reactions. Yeah, menopause is a fabulous addition to the mix. 😳

• Posted

Thanks phyllis, i will try and see will probably still get side effects going to try and speak to my gp tomorrow too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.