Anyone else experience tingling from citalopram?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was having emotional numbness from another medication I was withdrawing from & my dr thought I might have depression so she prescribed me 10mg of citalopram. Immediately after taking it I felt a warm sensation in my body & a tingling in my arms & legs. I haven't come across anyone else feeling this way & I hated the feeling so I stopped taking it. I assume this is a response from the serotonin levels in my body. Ever since I stopped taking it I've felt a little detached from my body. I only took it 3 times. Does anyone know when the side effects of feeling detached will wear off?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I did. It wears off after 6-8 weeks being on it. Think your body adjusting. X
  • Posted

Yes when I first started it was horrible it would be in my back, arms, legs travel different places feet etc. now on celexa for over 5 weeks and it has subsided some.  I get it here and there but thank goodness not like I had it before.  Feel better soon. 
  • Posted

I felt hot pins/needles tingling in my arms/legs the 1st couple of nights and discovered it would happen when anxiety would hit.  It'll take about a week after the last time you took it for the drug to be out of your system.  It could take an additional week or so for the other side effects to wear off.

• Posted

Ever since quitting it I've had feelings of depersonalization and it's been about a month since I last took the medication. I've had this happen to me before when I've had a panic attack but it took me years to recover from that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.