Anyone else feel like this? ):

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, for the past year i have been feeling out of it, spaced out, not like my self. like I'm there but I'm not there? it keeps feeling like i have to take a deep breath but cant get it out, it gets to the point were ill start to feel like i cant breathe. I could be out with some good friends at a restaurant and be starving then the next minute ill be sick to my stomach, dizzy, and shaking. When that happens I REALLY start not feeling like my self. it The same thing will happen when I'm at work, and I just feel tired all the time. I have been on Zoloft for 2 weeks and 3 days now and i still feel like crap..

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

those medication’s take at least 4 to 6 weeks or longer before it kicks in and you feel a little better. Just keep taking it and follow up with your doctor.

sounds like you are going through some anxiety. Your symptoms are very common with anxiety. Anxiety can actually be genetic as well as depression. That’s how I got it.

So what would really help you especially when you’re out in public is to learn proper breathing with anxiety. It will help prevent the dizziness as well as other symptoms. There are some short really good breathing exercises for anxiety on YouTube you can learn and you can do it anywhere without anybody knowing. practice it when you are at home and it will just become a habit for you. and remember that the symptoms of anxiety are not harmful even though they feel weird. The main thing is to learn how to manage it. And if needed, you can always do online virtual counseling. I do that and it works great! take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.