Anyone else feel much better coming off Apixaban?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It's only a few days and I have progressed from stopping Flecanide to stopping Apixaban.   Maybe its a bit early to say but I can really sense a difference coming off the Apixaban.     Have others experienced benefits coming off.     I'm sure my alertness is improved and less thick headaches. Lots of aches and pains have eased.  Endless flu like symtoms eased.    Would be interested to hear if others had benefits.    Have to say it very confusing as reading up about it tonight is says the drug should never be stopped suddenley as you can have rebound clotting.    Let's hope I just get the benefits and no rebound!     If this is the drug that has caused my life to stop over the last two years I will be back to confirm the situation. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I came off apixaban a few days ago and my aches and pains have subsided. Im still scared of getting another clot so im on baby asprin.
  • Posted

I was o ly on for 6 months. Do ypu have a clotti g disorder? What caused your pe or dvt?
    • Posted

I took it for AF problem.  Have been on it two years.    Had ablation earlier this year.   I've had AF twice since and have a feeling it is not resolved as  I get hints about it 'going' everyday.   I thought Apixiban was much better than the warfarin I was on a few years ago but now I am beginning to realise it might be responsible for a  lot of my symptoms 

• Posted

I have asked to come off this.  I feel much worse on it.  Unfortunately it appears i have to continue to take it for at least another week until they can build up warfarin in my system.  So i have to take the two together, it is not making me feel great.  Anyone have any views.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.