Anyone else feel ok one day and crazily anxious the next.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is it OK to have a moan on here? I’ve been on Sertraline 100mg for 7 weeks. I have had some good days and some really bad days.I had a week of feeling okish and I thought I was finally getting better, then I have the slightest bit of stress and all the anxiety comes back, full force. I’m just so fed up of fighting this and waiting for the tablets to work. Does anyone else think they’re fine one day and the next day be flat on your back with it all again? It feels like something snaps in my brain. I’ve been given diazepam for the really bad days but I’m scared to take it because when I do it seems to make me worse. Sorry for the moan! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes this is normal. Bear with Sertraline - it may still make a big difference.

Its sensible to avoid taking diazepam - its addictive.

• Posted

First off, no apologies needed. It’s a tough road. I totally understand. It’s been eight weeks for me. Have had the same experience as you. Seems to quite common. I had a great morning yesterday and then afternoon and night not so good. Hang in there and hopefully this forum will help keep us lifted and encouraged. God bless.

KK

• Posted

Thanks, it’s good to know I’m not the only one, although sorry you’re going through it too. I was expecting to gradually feel better, but it feels like a switch in my brain that goes off and suddenly I’m feeling all the anxiety again. I guess we just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other until we come out the other side. 

Sarahx

• Posted

6 and a half weeks here. Same darn boat. I loathe medicine, it took me a,long time to take this. I feel better in a,lot of ways, but still getting some social anxiety and driving anxiety and anticipation anxiety thay is random and fierce.

Hoping 8 weeks is magical

• Posted

hi Sarah ....it is week five of a dose increase to 150mg for me. I had two good days and celebrated with a couple of glasses of wine. Slight error ! I have felt rubbish all day today. It is comforting to hear there are others having same issues. Very soon the dark clouds will blow over and then we can enjoy normality again..I will toast good health then but with a coke next time! Keep smiling😊

• Posted

My Prozac stopped working after twenty years off and on more on and every time I went back on them it was hellish for two weeks and then I felt A1 but always a straight two weeks, I've been on sertraline seven and a half weeks now upped three and a half weeks ago to 100mg from 50 and I'm still like a rollercoaster. I can't understand why they take so long to kick in and everyone seems to have different times, some people said four weeks and then some people have been on them eight weeks and are still up and down so disheartening

• Posted

I’m on day 5 of 150mg. Up and down but the ups are lasting longer.  I hope your feeling more good days soon and eventually the bad days will be a distant memory. Keep fighting. I’m struggling to with feeling like crap, jittery, anxious, edge of panic. 

I was on 150 two years ago and weaned to 75 for a year then it hit me again a couple of months ago following an illness of imbalance in my ears so dr put me up to 100 4 weeks ago and up again 5 days ago. 

The 150 did the magic last time, heres to it sorting me out this time. 

We will get better x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.