Anyone else feel the same? The most annoying thing about anxiety is the head sensations??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been doing well the past 2 days but bear in mind today I feel my head is very heavy, a lot of pressure and tension and numbness in my head and face and pressure in ears too and my eyes feel so irritated burny and heavy! I've been getting bouts of nausea and weakness too but it's mostly my head that's annoying me like I have pins and needles in my head and neck and weird burning sensations in my head, although bear in mind I have a cough sore throat and congested but me being my hypachondriac self can't help but think it's more! Anyone else experience this? Also lightheadedness too!

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi are you taking any medication x
    • Posted

Hi and nope I'm not I took sertaline 50mg and took a very bad reaction to it x
    • Posted

ok well sertraline are a ssri drug so depending on how long u were on them and how long u have been off them it sounds like withdrawel effects as i had/have the same feeling coming off seroxat x
    • Posted

I only ever took the one tab and had the bad reaction and didn't take any more and that was a few days ago but even before I took any meds I had these sensations too x
  • Posted

I get this, if you concentrate on it you'll only notice it more. I started noticing this when i had seizures a couple of years ago, they were non-epileptic but were mainly through stress and low blood sugar as i was living off like 150cals a day at the time. I still get them now, it's nothing to worry about, i never got it checked out, but i'm perfectly healthy, i think it's just one of those things that people like us tend to get. remember if you do suffer from health anxiety, you will create the symptoms and sensations in your head and you will physically feel them and these psychosomatic symptoms are more often tingling sensations like pins and needles as well. just try and calm yourself down and remind yourself, that they are in your head x
    • Posted

Hi Klaire thanks for the advice it means a lot! I sometimes get random twitches like that in my neck too c
    • Posted

I get all those sensations too.Sometimes really bad and makes me feel dreadful all day,and sometimes not so bad,but  it has been going on for almost two years.I have health anxiety and always feel that the doctors have missed something.Have forgotten what it is like to feel normal and not constantly worried.It is amazing how many of us  out there are feeling the same way,but at least we all support each other,as so many people who luckily do not experience this,do not understand how rdebilitating it is to feel this way.

I feel that my life is on 'hold' and I cannot react to anything with enthusiasm.

You are really not alone in feeling this way.

• Posted

Hi wendl you litterally could've taken the words out of my mouth! I am the exact same, I've had this 5 months now and my family are only starting to understand what I'm going through! No one understands😞 and I feel the exact same as my life is on hold, I have so much to be looking forward to in the next few months Christmas is just around the corner, I'm in my last year of school have that to look forward to my graduation, turning 18 going on my own holiday and I don't feel any positive or excitement about them😞x
  • Posted

Omg Rachel! Me tooooo! For the past two weeks I have been having the WEIRDEST feeling in my head and neck! My daughter gave me hand foot and mouth and since I have recovered, I have this really tight feeling on the left side of my neck and weird dull sensations that are on again of again on each side of my neck/front of throat. My strange neck pain in the back of it on the left, feels tight and also goes from the bottom left of my head to what feels like straight through the left side of my head to my left eye! Not really painful, but annoying. I also feel it on the inside by my temples and just under it! I went to the docs last week and she said I didn't have a brain tumor and I bloodwork done fri and I am waiting for the result. I should also mention I get frequent headaches which scares me, but I believe it to be genetic. Do any of these symptoms I have mention sound like what you're experiencing? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.