Anyone else get these symptoms??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been off work on holiday for 10 days and have hardly had no anxiety at all , first day back tomorrow and I have pains in my ears and I feel really dizzy also my head feels like it's in a vice , I'm starting to panic I hate the thought of going to work and feeling ill , I have bad health anxiety and I just can't cope with feeling dizzy and ill when I'm sat at my desk.

Hate feeling like this 😩😫

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I understand Natalie. I was off work for 4 weeks as I just couldn't cope with the thought of being at work when I felt so bad. I was scared I would start taking a panic attack at my desk. Once I went back it wasn't as bad as I thought. I think I had built it up into being a bigger deal than it was. Hopefully you have some friends at work that you can catch up with and try and take your mind of things. Good luck. You will be fine xxxx
    • Posted

That's exactly how I am hate the thought of feeling like this at work in front of everyone. I do have some good friends so hopefully I can get myself through the day.

Thank you xx

• Posted

Hi Natalie,

I was experiencing the same symptoms for a solid few weeks which lead me to seek medical advice.

Prior to being diagnosed and prescribed propranolol 10mg, I had sudden crippling headaches, nausea and a weird pain/ sensation in my ears. Before anxiety was confirmed only last week, I thought I had a virus or some form of serious illness. Again, unknown to me, a symptom of bad health anxiety is thinking things are worse than they are.

I don't know what medication you are taking, if anything at all? Since starting medication (now 4 days in, my physical symptoms have subsided greatly and it's now a case of easing the psychological impact.

As Leanne has said, speak to friends at work and plan things to take your mind off of it.

I lost my appetite but have found eating regular meals (4-5 small meals daily) and carrying out simple exercises or even taking the dog for a long walk all aid your negative thoughts and for me have completely dispelled the start of an episode.

It's all a mind game and you have to remain strong and focused. Make a plan, simpke things you will do in the evening or at the weekend. It's all too easy to be sat alone and running away with your own imagination.

Keep smiling, that also helps! smile

• Posted

Thank you,

I'm not currently on any meds I was taking Busperione but I couldn't seem to cope at work it made me feel really out of it.

Thank you for the advice 👍😄

• Posted

Hi I just went back to work few weeks ago and dreaded it I always feel worse anxiety at work even tho i like my job and people I work with. It gets better I think back on the day I first went back to work to now and I'm so much better it just takes time.
    • Posted

Hi Lynsey, thankfully for me it's not as bad when I'm at work.

One of the bits I'm struggling with is I'm or was a big strong man, physically fit although a little overweight, been reasonable successful in life so far but I feel I'm being torn apart bit by bit. And it's my own mind doing it that's one of the hardest things for me to understand.

• Posted

I know it starts to take over your life doesn't it. It started for me in January and before that I was happy I'm married have two lovely kids a good job and I to feel I'm been broken down. I am getting better no meds. Some days r better than others just got to stay strong and keep going

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.