Anyone else had a clear MRI but disc problem still?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm really searching for hope while I wait to see an orthopedic consultant. I was wondering if anyone on here had an MRI scan and was told there was nothing wrong, yet there was. 

I have little faith in MRI's as I have two worn out knee caps, one showed up on an MRI, one didn't. Yet they are identical!

i have all the symptoms of slipped disc, doctor thought it was, physio thought it was and I'm fed up of being on morphine just so I can get out of bed each day!!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had slip disc symptoms but my MRI showed just some degenerated discs and facet joints but not to any extent that I should be in so much pain. I was given 2 cortisone injections around the facet joint areas and an epidural to help with the leg pain in particular that I had. These injections did not help much at all. I then had physio exercises  to strengthen the core muscles and 4 sessions of accupuncture. None of this helped. I have now seen a chiropractic that has diagnosed SI joint disfunction and now my consultant agrees this could be the cause as this does not show on any MRI or X Ray's. I'm now waiting for an appointment to have the cortisone injections in that area and also burn the nerve endings. This I am told should cure the pain. Whilst I'm waiting for the appointment I'm having treatment with the chiropractic. This could be your problem, it's worth asking the question to your doctor . 
  • Posted

hi  its a joke , i had a scan 2 years ago said l4/l5 degenerated disc n slight buldge on l4 but no compression but i have had physio pain killers nerve blosckers n epidurals , and basically been in pain 24/7 since day 1 now the pain numbness cramping pins n needles muscle tightening and stiffness as got alot worse ,i have asked for another scan as things have worseend and was refuse as she said what is the point as nowt will have changed ,what a joke? how can they say that ,things must have change coz the pain sure as x
    • Posted

Hi ann, I totally agree! I'm now getting more pain into my bum and round my hips into legs, I also get cramp quite a lot in my legs. Bladder seems to be affected. I can try and push when I go for a wee and it has no effect anymore! I've had an MRI say my knee was fine, they operated and found the cartilage shredded!!!
  • Posted

hi james i was the same as you ,the pain is more in my hip groin bum leg and foot , it also radiates to the other side , and does effect you going to the toilet i was like that at first at to push my self , now its the other way round i cant stop going , i think it must be pressure or something , problem is you know ur own body when somethings not right why dont they listen x
  • Posted

I have now seen the chiropractic 4 times and I can feel improvement already and he advised of a different medication which my GP has now prescribed and I'm sure that's helping too. It's great to have another outlook on the problem other than a doctor. 
    • Posted

Great Stuff ,wish something would work for me Tara hope things get better for you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.