anyone else had slightly raised wbc

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had a slightly raised wbc for 4yrs mine can range from 13.1 toup to 15 and then 14 but doc dont seemed concerned and states its only slightly raised only concerned if its 30 plus hats peoples views on this i'm 53

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello.First of all it would be nice to see the full list of results,not just the WBC.Theese refference intervals are normal for 95% of the population, 2.5% will have elevated WBC which will be normal for them and 2.5% will have lower WBC again-normal.Since the results have been the same for 4 years i dont think you should worry.My lymphocytes are always on the high end or elevated.This has been so for like 5 years.Also do you have any other symptoms?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hiĀ  my neutrophil is slightly elevated to 9.1 sometimes 8.1 goes up and down also mch count 34 up and down lymphocyte count 5.2 doc said could be leucocytosis but he not at all worried at the moment, do get hot flushes but put it down to postmenopause, i dont have any other symptoms really but just a bit worried as he said its not life threatening
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up