Anyone else have bloated hard abdomen and slender body??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I understand this is another anxiety symptom. For me, no gas, no diarrhea, Sometimes I take a natural bowel cleanser to make sure all gets out. Just this soccer ball where only a few weeks ago a flat belly and an indented waist used to be. I am very slender, so it's not fat...even if that much fat could accumulate that fast and in only one place. Any similar experiences or ideal?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you having regular BMs? Do you think you could be constipated? Or our drinking enough water?

?When I get constipated, I retain a ton of water. My medication is probably not helping with my intestinal issue (don't know if I spelled that right biggrin

?When you stress you body produces cortisol and this effect your belly area. But you concern seems to have happened relatively quick.

?I'm sorry that I'm not much help but I do hope you feel better. Keep us posted. Take care.

• Posted

Thanks, Tip. this was helpful.
  • Posted

I have had tons of anxiety,but this one's new to me. You know your anxiety symptom's so, you must have a lot of build up. Make sure you go everyday, so your abdomen doesn't  get hard. Sounds very uncomfortable. 

• Posted

Thanks Kimberly. Good advice. I was surprised to find that bloating is not uncommon, but not as often reported as other more uncomfortable and scary conditions. In a way I was relieved...Oh, one more anxiety symptom.wink

• Posted

Are you just trying to flaunt your figure, you sexy thang? lol smile

I get a lot of stomach problems when the anxiety acts up. I don't necessarily carry balls in my stomach, but there's bloating, and a host of lovely intestinal issues. I tend to carry my stress in my stomach, so there's always some issue going on.

• Posted

It seems possible that I carry stress there, too. There are so many things going on, it gets hard to attribute what to what. It turns our that not only stress ends up in the abdomen, so does the low thyroid I'm dealing with now. Sometimes it is just too everwhelming...anxiety, thyroid and cirrhosis.

And the answers gets confusing...foods that are good for one are bad for another, etc. Bless my poor doctor...he trudges along one thing at a time, never gets impatient with me, and never stumped. He even hugs me when I leave and tells me he just wants me to feel better.

I think I am getting caught up in what I thought I didn't do anymore....letting the nasty thoughts get to me again. Those suckers sneak up on you and wham...back at the beginning thinking everything is something worse. However, I can't deny that over a period of a few weeks, without gaining any weight, I can't button jeans or wear any of my belts. It's sweatshirt time.biggrin

• Posted

I have hypothyroidism as well, and am on 88 mcg of Synthroid. I don't feel any side effects from it, but my daughter also has to take it, and she gets really hungry about 15 minutes after taking it.

It sounds like you have a really great doctor, so let him worry about the issues so you don't have to. smile

• Posted

What a brilliant answer, Psyched out. I can't thank you enough for reminding me not to try to take control out of his hands and into mine. (a failing of mine) Truly a big light went on and I GOT THAT.eeklol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.