Anyone else have constant light bleeding in Peri?

Posted , 5 users are following.

If so what did you do?  Been bleeding since 4/18/15. Not heavy but certainly aggravating.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Delilah, I went on the mini pill, you have to take a little break every now and then to see if you are still bleeding. It was fab for me as when I had my break, I bled no more after a year. I went and had my bloods tested and was told I am now post-menopausal. I still have menopause symptoms such as not sleeping which to honest has been the worst symptom for me. it helped stopped the constant bleeding which was such a drain 👍
  • Posted

Yes Delilah I'm the same. I have to wear a panty liner everyday! And then when I think there's no blood that day low and behold at some point during the day the bleeding will start! Yes very frustrating I must say.
    • Posted

Do you take anything for it? I have been taking the supplement phytoestrogen, I don't think it does much for the bleeding, but skin looks great, it had been very reddish now its clear. I'm almost 53 and never missed a period was hoping this would just stop and I would not have to go to the doctor and have a million tests!!
    • Posted

No I take nothing for it, I just go with the flow....no pun intended! I was regular right up to me having my blood test for peri and then it's been all over the place since. No one really sees it as an issue just 'hormones'
  • Posted

Hello Delilah I was bleeding the same way. This is still all new to me. I was bleeding for three weeks. Some days heavy and some days light. I started taking birth control pills and it eventually stopped. I've been taking them for one week now but I started spitting again. To stop the bleeding I think birth control pills will help.
  • Posted

Hi there ! Quick question have you been regular before now ? I skipped 3 periods and now I've been spitting for about a month and now slightly heavier flow. The GP gave me a progesterone pill to stop it last year think I'm going to ask for it again as I was told the pill wasn't on offer to me at 47. The GP also suggested the coil ? But don't know about that . I think I'm going to speak to the GP again tomorrow as this is such a nuisance ! 😧

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.