Anyone else have dual FS? How do you cope??

Posted , 6 users are following.

This site is a godsend! January 2015 I thought I had tweaked my shoulder

By reaching to turn off a light. March I got a cort shot that did nothing.

Went to physical therapy with no benefit, just added agony. August 2015

I had mua and arthro release. October my other shoulder started to ache.

January 2016 tried a cort shot with horrible results. Excruciating pain.

Now here I am looking at having mua and Arthro release on my second shoulder

And I am so worried. My left shoulder(the first one) bicep area is still painful and clicks.

I don't know if I can go thru it all again. I always thought I was pretty strong and could handle pain.

But this has taken me past anything I ever imagined. Has anyone else gone thru similar with dual FS?

How are/did you cope?

Family and friends don't understand the toll this hell takes. I have not slept longer then three hours at a time for over 15 months

How do you sleep at all with two bum shoulders? How do you do anything???.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i feel like the weight of the world has been lifted of my shoulder xx
  • Posted

Friday, went good , was active no pain, I thought ...amen I have made it to frozen land ! I don't really need to go thru with surgery.

I can do this. Within an hour it felt like someone stuck a knife blade thru my shoulder and was just twisting it!

Oh No no no . It would not let up . Ice, heat , hot shower, tens, nothing worked. I finally fell asleep noon on Saturday.

Woke me after 2 hours. Finally I gave in took 2 Percocet and got 4 hours sleep.

I fought so hard against this second shoulder going bad and swore I would not have surgery again and NEVER have a nerve block in any kind of procedure.

But I just don't know anymore. I am tentatively scheduled for surgery Thursday, but am so scared of the increased pain.

On top of that my doc requires pt the day after,so I called my pt guy to ask him a couple questions and he was such a JERK. I didn't like him to begin with, always thought he was a bit rude and "you can push thru it"

guys. Thought maybe I was just being overly sensitive before. But when I mentioned my concern about having both shoulders bad. His reply was ...So you can't move your left at all ?when I said it was still very painful, he said " well yeah and " " People deal with things all the time. It's really

About you." And it just went downhill from there. I understand the therapists have to push us that's why I stuck with him thru my first shoulder but he acts like I am such a whiner. And there was never a time when I did not push. I may have tears rolling down my face but I kept on and didn't ask to stop.

So I guess my point in all this rant is I am at an end, and I don't know what to do .

Sorry for the long winded rant / whine. No one else understands . And I know everyone here does.

• Posted

i had surgery last Wednesday you expectvit to be stiff and bit sore but OMG 5 days post Op so happy i could cry tears of joy its amazing i have movement but still away to go start physio thursday pain much better no sling now x dont be worried please its fine x
    • Posted

The only one's that can relate to this. condition are people who've been through it. Medical "professionals" don't get it, and never will. My doctor is has the demeanor of a computer. He actually told me he did have FS and it took him 9 months to get over it. I don't buy it. If that's his perception of FS, I want what he had.
    • Posted

See my GP had a shoulder injury he understood that frozen shoukder was much worse his was bad enough so My Gp although i tried to give him a couple of scenarios he understood even when i got messed around and he didnt even examine me because he saidcid beennmessed around pushed and pulled enkugh he coukd see i was in pain he was happy to refer gave me more morphine said if i needed anything to come back yetbive been messed around told itvwoukdcsortbitselfvout well it clearlybdidny

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.