Anyone else have ear problems in Peri?

Posted , 12 users are following.

hi ladies

Is anyone else having ear problems in peri? I have been getting ear pressure, ear fullness, ringing. It constantly changing but I never get a break from it. I noticed I used to get ear fullness around my periods but now it's just random at any time of the month. Not to mention the constant headaches I have since my peri anxiety started. I do take allergy medicine and nasal spray but not much difference in my ear symptoms. Is this another annoying peri symptom?

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes i get that mostly the ringing i also had a period of heavy head felt full pressure eye pressure feel off balance too! The anxiety can cause all that too as well!

• Posted

I also have had weird ear stuff going on.

Awhile back I had a popping sound in one ear, I just realized it has completely stopped.

But now I have the ear ringing. I have this most days. Some days low ringing, some pretty high.

(it goes away some days but comes back)

• Posted

As an update, today my ear ringing is gone!

That's just for now. I just wonder why some days it is SOOO bad and now completely gone.

• Edited

I have fullness off and on and a fluttering sound

• Posted

i get that fluttering sound too. i took a muscle relaxer and it stopped. I'm guessing it was coming from tight neck muscles?? i still have it off and on

• Posted

i had horrible ringing in the ear. went to an ear nose and throat doctor. he performed a couple of hearing tests and couldnt find anything wrong, thank god. he said it could be hormonal

• Posted

Yes. My head pressure is always there. Has been for several years. Ears pop all the time. Almost like cabin pressure on an air plane. Certain sun glasses make indentations on my cheeks cuz my sinuses are always slightly swollen. Tried nasal spray, allergy meds, etc. Nothing seems to help. Now after 2 years menopausal, just trying to accept this as the "norm" 😟

• Posted

yes like cabin pressure on an airplane. it makes me off balanced sometimes.

• Posted

thank you ladies for sharing your symptoms, I guess I will add all this my long list of peri symptoms.

• Edited

yes I have since this started a year ago.. I hate it ringing in the ear all the time it seems my left ear.. I havnt had things checked but hormones no period for 3 months then it's back it all makes sense.. sorry to hear.. it's awful it drives me crazy

..I notice it at night when its quiet in the house.. do u have anything that works for

u??

• Edited

hi Angela unfortunately no I don't have anything that works or helps my ear symptoms. I take melatonin to help me sleep sometimes. I blame it on anxiety brought on by peri. hopefully as our hormones settle, so will the symptoms

• Posted

I get what sounds like rushing sound in my ears especially during a hot flash I hate it

• Posted

yes I have that rushing sound in my right ear. Also some buzzing, rumbling on and off. Makes my head pressure worse when I get that rushing sound. why hormones have to create such havoc... 😭😭

• Posted

I just had a cat scan because i have the same thing - pressure in the ears and head and headaches. It came back normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.