Anyone else have fatigue and muscle aches and pains?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had minor balance issues for years. 1 1/2 years ago I got two severe cases of vertigo. One last two weeks the second a couple of days. Since then my balance issues are harder to deal with and I have been experiencing extreme fatigue (recently diagnosed with CFS). The VT exercises cause me to tense my back muscles causing back pain and strain. Anyone else out there with similar issues regarding fatigue or muscle problems?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I've has fatigue from the start. And muscle issues. Although I have a bit.of arthritis. Muscle wise I didn't suffer much with them

Then once the vertigo symptoms started I did!

I stopped the vrt anyway as they weren't helping at all. I.now go for Bowen therapy which helps much. More as it deals with muscles and nerves

I belive from my research the reason this happens is due to us compensating for our balance issues and being out of sync.

• Posted

I have never heard of Bowen therapy? I agree it seems to take a lot of energy to compensate. Between the Fatigue and brain fog / cognitive issues life is rather overwhelming at times. No one ( Primary Dr, Neurologist, OT or PT ) seem to be able to tell me 1. How much energy my body is using for compensation? 2. What if any improvement I can expect given that my balance was already compromised before the vertigo.

• Posted

Hard to say if your balance was off before vertigo . I tell everyone to get a referral .to a Neuro.otologist as I have been through the lot

Ent , Nuero (only to discover the really just deal with the brain), physio. Neuro otogists deal with the vestibular system and the brain.

Bowen is not is usually available via regular medicine

I have go privately. Look it up on line. Also I have added B12 to my supplements. Good quality sublingual for better absorption. Also CoQ10 is good for energy. High dose Vit C

Too.

My Bowen therapist gave me good exercise. Stand on one leg with other slightly off floor (make sure knee is slightly bent on one you're standing on and tummy tucked in) I hold on gently to a window ledge to stop wobbling! Hold for count of ten

Then do. other leg. You can repeat a few more times. She says the messages from feet to brain are the are the most powerful! I find it a good.one to do.

• Posted

I do some of standing therapy exercises such as with feet together or feet toe to heel and I try to do the stand on one leg one.  They make my back especially lower back tense up and hurt after just one round. So I find it exhausting. I am finally approved for more  OT and PT so hopefully, they can help. I am always open to new ideas.
    • Posted

You shld just lightly hold onto for eg side of door. Don't do it without as that will tense up your back. Also you must bend knee of standing leg slightly and tilt your pelvis forward to protect your back. And don't do it for any longer than you can bear it!

• Posted

I have imblance and vetigo issues, but these all started when i run in to indigestion problem and later found i have gastritis and gallstones and my b12 was very low. Do you have any other health issues?
    • Posted

Regarding other health issues. Chronic Fatigue and Cognitive issues.  No candida, No auto-immune problems, Thyroid fine, Vit D fine, Vit 12 fine etc, etc,  My balance has been an issue most of my life apparently. For example, I recently discovered that that was the reason I could never learn to drive. and I am 50 years old. It seems that vertigo I had 1 1/2 years ago notched balance problems up another level or two. Now I I am at that point of trying to find out what the primary problem is. I think that my body needs to use so much energy to handle my balance that it is causing the fatigue and thus the cognitive issues. Like so many of us I am still looking for answers. Always open to a fresh perspective.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.