Anyone else have problems with svt triggered by walking?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Occasionally I find that my heart gets into a state where any major movement seems to trigger tachycardia. I'll be standing still and it's fine. But then I take 2 steps and it takes off. Then I stop and after a few seconds it's back to normal. Take a few more steps and it takes off again. Repeat... When this happens I just have to sit or lay down for a while, or if I'm out and about (it happened today while walking the dog) I just stand still for 5 minutes and then it's over and I can carry on with no problem. This seems to be quite different than my 'normal' SVT attacks which just come on out of nowhere. It's also what happened to me going off my beta blocker for the ablation, for the 2 days they had me off of it I was basically confined to bed because I couldn't walk without SVT. 

Does this happen to anyone else? I've heard of people saying bending down is a trigger, but I haven't heard of anyone who gets triggered just by taking a step. It's also weird that it happens so infrequently, like maybe once or twice a year this happens. My heart is a strange creature...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey Chad! 

This happened to me as well but mine would be just lying down and I could feel it “building up” and any movement would set it off and sure enough I was always right. I also had a few episodes while just standing there doing nothing. When I got my ablation done they said my pathway was just really active. Hence why it was happening without an obvious trigger. I hope this helps! 

• Posted

Yeah I think active pathway is right... My EP study found a focal point arrhythmia that was extremely sensitive to adrenaline so I figure when this happens it's just that spot being so sensitive that even the tiny burst of adrenaline from taking a few steps causes it to go. Unfortunately it also seems like my ablation didn't work because this still happens, though it's also possible I have more than one spot in my heart... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.