Anyone else have this problem?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Whenever my HS flares up really badly, I cannot sleep. And when they are that bad I throw up. I do not know why. Is it because the toxins are trying to leave my body or is it because my body cannot handle how much pain I am in? I am wondering if anyone else has the same thing and/or know why. Because I have done a lot of research and I have not found anything or an explanation why.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, I have never thrown up. I have stayed up countless nights in pain but it could be the way your body reacts to pain.
  • Posted

Sorry, I have never thrown up. I have stayed up countless nights in pain but it could be the way your body reacts to pain.
  • Posted

Sorry I have never thrown up either.  Everybody is different, it could just be your body dealing with it in its own way. 
  • Posted

I don't throw up always.  Usually I get that sick if my immune system is not working well.  I also stay up at night.  I have a general pattern that I go through each time there is a flair up.  I am tired, tired, tired, feel like I have the flu, pain inside which moves up to the surface, creating a horrible abcess or something similar.  I start to cry. Then it gets hot behind my eyes.  This is where I might throw up. Cry some more. Fall asleep exhausted.  Wake up, usually in a puddle of blook and ook or something similar. On my face I don't get a boil.  My face,or my toes will hurt and then one day the toe will split open and spit out icky stuff and stay open until it can heal.  I check regulary to make sure I do not get an infection. For me, crying is part of the process it is not something I can really control, at least not yet.smile
    • Posted

When I am sick it is always like projectile... I have quite a high pain tolarence so crying is quite hard to do. It takes a lot pain wise to make me cry. So you think my being sick is my version of crying?
  • Posted

Maybe it is toxins leaving your body. The pain sucks. My heart goes out to you! I do not projectile vomit so cry I don't know if throwing up or crying are different versions of pain tolerance or something else. I do not deal with pain well. For me, crying hysterically for days on end is my reaction to HS flare ups, then I pass out. Does anyone else have a "cycle" of HS?  My family now says "you know the drill, you are going to feel horrible." 30 years of "the drill" and it is hard for me to seperate other autoimmune symptoms (chronic infections, fibromyalgia, chronic headaches etc.)  and symptoms of current active HS sites in the making.  Everyone is different. 
  • Posted

You are all so helpful. Thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.