Anyone else have this with ibs

Posted , 9 users are following.

does anyone experince day time shortness of breath with ibs or stomach anf also does anyone experince worse anxiety and panic attacks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I used to suffer quite real bad from panic attacks, I have IBS with diarrhea so I'd have panic attacks on a near daily basis thinking I'd have an accident. My doctor put me on diarrhoeals and anxiety medication which helped a lot. Never had the shortness of breath though

• Posted

to be honest i suffer more from gas problems which can create alot of shortness of breath plus anxiety on top

• Posted

are you on any anti acids? i struggled alot with gas/pain assosiated and my doctor prescribed lanzoprizole and omeprezole and it helped a hell of alot. also colpermin peppermint capsuels are good,anything woth perpermint may help you with that.

• Posted

Hi Brandon. I sometimes suffer from shortness of breath and feel like my heart is fluttering in my chest (this is occasionally not regularly.) Not sure if this is comment with IBS but considering its the muscles that are effected it isnt surprising. Anxiety can make IBS symptoms worse. I get anxious eg when I have a meeting at work as i know i cant escape to the loo as often as I need without people noticing. I got prescibed anti anxiety tablets to help with this.

• Posted

Hey brandon,

I have IBS, and also had anxiety, which got in control with sertralin and doing yoga and meditation exercises.

Panic attacks can cause shortness of breath.

I would suggest you should go to your primary physician, and talk about your anxiety and panic attacks, He may refer you to psychiatrist for a good reason.

Another thing ask your physician to check your vitamins level, especially vitamin b12 and vitamin d. As with IBS we can be deficient in some nutrients and can worsen our anxiety and overall health.

Hope these help.

• Posted

yes yes and yessss.

i Do have an anxiety disorder so i am mostly always in a state of heightened panic but i have found and it is known that ibs/digestive issues are related/linked to anxiety.

i find when my anxiety is high my ibs is worse and vice versa. all i can suggest on anxiety attacks is STAY CALM! i know, easier said than done,right? but do you know when you panic, your brain releases stress hormones.. which causes your heart to beat faster to get blood around the body to your brain,heart,muscles ect faster to prepair you for "fight or flight" and get you out of danger, while this is happening blood is actually diverted away from your digestive tract (in a normal fight or flight situation you dont stop to think of your digestive tract and it dosent help to get you out of danger).

so when the body is flooded with stress hormones, your digestive tract effectively shuts down, which causes your digestive muscles to contract more(or less) frequently, acidic levels will fall or rise drastically causing all the lovely symptoms of ibs. so in short, panicing actually triggers the digestive tract to do all the things that cause the symptoms and if you can find a way to stay/keep on a calmer level, the pain and symptoms will ease.

i found this out during a huge flare up 4 years ago, i was in ALOT of pain with my ibs, and my health anxiety was convincing me it was something more sinister going on.. maybe my apendix was bursting or something was going wrong with my stomach. i was crippled and crying in pain whilst having a panic attack, i got myself so worked up my mother rang an ambulance and the paramedic told me what i just told you. i was advised to get buscopan (at this point i was only takinng mebeverine for my ibs) and either get anti anxiety meds (i got some diazepam from the docs) and when i next have a flare up, stay calm because panicking can make the pain much worse. the paramedic told me to focus on one spot in the room or one object and just focus on my breathing. i did this everytime i felt pain and began to panic. as my anxiety level came down the pain began to subside and become barable to a level that didnt make me panic. since that day i still use his advice when i have a flare up and it works a treat MOST of the time. of course diet,exercise, intolerences ect will add to your symptoms but if you can work out your triggers and avoid them or have them in moderation, take regular exercise, drink plenty and get good sleep and maybe add some good probiotics into your diet - you may feel a little more in controll and be able to handle your ibs-anxiety links and keep them both at bay or at least at a level that YOU are able to cope with.

• Posted

hi Brandon, ibs alone shouldn't cause shortness of breath but anxiety may. See your doctor about anti anxiety medication but watch out they'll offer only and i depressants. May CBT might help?

• Posted

IBS = > Its caused due faulty dietary habits which lead to diseases of Gastro intestinal . Sedentary lifestyle and stress adds on to it. As per latest Statistics Gastro intestinal disorders contribute around 50-55% of today cases with or with out combination

Homeopathy has a good track record of treating IBS even in its most advanced stages. Since we treat every disease as a different part of the body, Mostly we get into other symptoms.

What Homeopathy can do

It will Improve the blood circulation and Rejuvenate Gastro Intestinal tract

It helps to secrete proper digestive juices and thus helping in improving appetite and avoid indigestion

3.It helps to increases immunity thus preventing from diseases recurrence

It will help to improve the Vitals

If you need any clarification, you can reach out to us.

thanks

• Posted

Ibs shouldn't cause panic attacks or shortness of breath. These are separate conditions.

• Posted

HELLO BRANDON,

THESE SYMPTOMS OCCUR TO BE WHEN I AM GOING THROUGH IBS ATTACH.

YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR DIET BOILED AND FRUITS JUST FOR 2-3 Days and check.

fruits before lunch mainly banana to fill you.

slowly learn what are trigger foods for you as it varies for every person.

clam down, take it easy dont stress its common what you going through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.