Anyone else like me?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Seems like everyone else gets down to 7.5 mg or less before they have problems but I get them a couple days after going to 15 mg.

I've gotten dry eyes, bad head pressure, popping ears, my neck cracks constantly, sweat more and my sleep gets markedly worse. All this makes the days hard to get through and I question if I'll ever get off of this crap!

I guess I'm unfortunately looking for reassurance that I'm not the only one who has trouble at 15 mg or higher and that there is a way off this and will my life ever be a life without all this suffering..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Rob even though I never did tapper down I can assure you it does get better, today is day number 36 after stopping 30mg cold turkey, I thought I was gonna die, and felt so distraught...hang in there and if you really want out keep doing the tapper to as low as possible, I'm not saying is easy but is possible...I can remember the times I almost went back on the pill cause I would read that I could feel better instantly but then what kept me going was the idea of one day getting freed off this pill....I hope you get better just hang in there...get plenty of chamomile tea and make it as dark as possible it does calm me down so give it a try.! Hang in the Bob💪🏻💪🏻

• Posted

Hi rob, I can't tell you how nice it was to read a recent message by someone in a very similar position. I have been trying to reduce my dose from 15 mgs to 7.5 and it's killing me. To the point that I got the liquid hoping to reduce slower but to no avail, I was ok at around 10 mgs but as soon as I hit 7.5 all hell broke loose. I can't remember the last time I slept, the anxiety and blurred vision are unbearable and I'm making constant mistakes at work. This stuff should be banned. I'm 3 weeks in and it seems to just get worse, I truly think this "medicine" should be banned, apparently it has numerous black box warnings for suicidal ideation!!! What are the doctors thinking??

• Posted

Thank you both for the replies and this stuff should have more warnings on it as it is a nightmare getting off of it. I've tried going down relatively slow and I can't get past 15 mg without all hell breaking loose physically and emotionally and I feel like I'm never going to be free of it..

I don't know if I should just go cold turkey sometimes because I don't think it can't be any worse then tapering has been but I'm afraid I won't be able to function at work and be there for my family also. I exercise daily, take b and d Vitamins and fish oil and a lot of other omega-3's to help but it seems it's not enough. I feel like I can tackle it a lot and then I get my ass kicked everytime I try so I don't know what to do anymore.

I've thought of trying St. John's Wort also but I know your not supposed to take that with antidepressants per my doctor but they have no problem trying to get you to take other medications at the same time which I don't quite understand.

I'm so happy to hear that you've gotten off of it Candy and I hope all goes well for you in the future, I hope to be able to join you in saying I'm free of it soon!

• Posted

Hi,I have had problems from day one of tapering from 15mg.Seems I am very sensitive to the meds.I am now at just under 7.5mg and it has taken me near enough 10 months to get here.It's been a long slog but I am persevering.I actually think that the side effects of the taper are getting less marked since I got to 7.5mg.The last 10 months of taper have been awful,but I'm in a better place now now I was then.Stick with it.I don't know how much you are trying to cut at a time but I learned to do it slow.Real slow using mirt liquid .I cut 0.2ml (0.3mg)  at a time (1ml =15mg).Good luck.

• Posted

Seems a lot of people are "sensitive" to medication when it comes to mirtazepine. I'm beginning to wonder if this is just doctors deflecting their poor judgement! Anyway well done for how well your doing, I tried changing from the tablets to the liquid and it nearly killed me, did you have a difficult transition from tablets to liquid? How did you do it? How long did it take you to finally feel better at 7.5? Sorry for all the questions 🙂

• Posted

Hi,sorry but I've just seen this hence late reply.I don't think I had a problem with the change to liquid as far as I can see.My experience with the drug is so very up and down as it is if i it's so diff to pin down a cause and effect-ie there is no pattern to my meds.Some lucky people seem to know that after a cut they will feel bad for 3 days and get then get better,I'm not like that.I recently had 3 weeks of feeling really good so 9 days ago I decided to again reduce  from 0.48ml to 0.46ml (7.2mg to 6.9mg) and for the lst 9 days have been feeling crap - no sleep,really bad lower back ache,body aches all over,really bad headache/migraine,nausea,extreme lethargy,and a new one:-really dizzy....it's just more of what i've been experiencing since doing the reduction.I know i'll "come out of it" ,but the question is when.I looked at my diary and i've had up to 28 days of feeling like this when reducing.I think i wrote in a recent post that i thought the reduction was getting easier since I got to 7.5mg - I LIED !!!! It's not.What dosage were you on when staring liquid? Admittedly liquid make reduction so much easier and i'm grateful to my doc for continually prescribing it on repeat.Some people have to "jump thro hoops" to get it and some docs just refuse due to cost.

Post is longer than expected.So keep well,and let me know how you are doing.

• Posted

Hello again, thank you for your response so nice to hear from you, I can't believe you are getting symptoms from such a small reduction, shows how awful this drug is!! I'm still sticking to my 7.5 half of a 15 mg tablet but it's kicking my ass!! It's now 3 and a half weeks in and I feel worse everyday, do you think it's possible to stabilise at this amount? How long did it take you to feel better after reducing to 7.5? I don't know whether to keep going or up my dose, you are lucky to have such a nice doctor, I was only allowed 1 bottle. Do you stick to the 6 weeks death date of your liquid mirtazepine or use up the bottler even after 6 weeks open?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.