Anyone else? Normal in am then...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone else have IBS symptoms that..

I have a very normal BM almost every morning like clockwork.

Then as the day goes on, I get super gassy and bloated. I usually have a couple more BMs during the day which are small and hard. 

My time of the month I go more and it’s closer to IBS-D, which I know can be normal. 

I eat well, exercise daily and avoid mytrigger foods that I know. The gassy everyday thing is super annoying though. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You are experiencing standard IBS symptoms.  I take it you have had a confirmed medical diagnosis of IBS?  Avoid gassy foods like broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts.  Avoid fizzy drinks and artificial sugars.  Try a food diary or the Low Fodmap diet to uncover any other triggers.
    • Posted

Thank you. I had a colonoscopy 10 years ago and they found nothing and said it was likely just IBS... but I haven’t ever been to a gastro regularly. My primary care doc doesn’t ever seem concerned lol. I am overall super healthy 
    • Posted

Mandy,

I think that doctors are taking IBS much more seriously then they were even a couple of years ago - probably this is being driven by the pharmaceutical industry with new prescription drugs for IBS treatment. My GI's never even spoke to me about IBS until very recently - it turns out that I probably have both inflammatory bowel disease (UC) AND IBS. IBS causes the pain - ulcerative colitis doesn't cause pain according to my GI doc! My GI doc told me to use this special super-dooper probiotic (and it's expensive) called VSL#3. It's available without a prescription and it really worked in relieving the pain and gas while my gut was healing from food triggers that set off a really bad IBS bout that lasted nearly a year. My triggers are milk products and gluten. Everybody is different so I think it's really important to figure what yours are. And I think that I need to take a probiotic every day. Maybe I don't have a good, healthy gut biome, so I need these to keep my gut healthy. Keep talking to people about their experience and you will figure this out for you. Good luck.

• Posted

Do you get shifting abdominal pain? This is also a major symptom of IBS.  An antispasmodic from your doctor can also help.  My doctors also were unconcerned about my symptoms too while I was panickng and very frightened pre diagnosis.
    • Posted

Thank you! I take Align every evening which has helped some.
    • Posted

I do have intermittent shifting pain. It’s not constant. Somedays it’s there and other days it’s not. Some days more heartburn like other days more lower abdominal cramps; other days just like moving gas. I am gluten free and avoid dairy and gassy veggies. If I eat all white carbs too, I actually get more pain and bloated likely because it constipates so it’s deifnitely about finding the balance 
    • Posted

ALIGN may not have enough colonies to treat an out of whack gut. It has one billion which is standard for maintenance dose in my lay person opinion. Also beware the pills have milk product (sodium caseinate) which I think is a possible trigger for me besides the lactose.
    • Posted

IBS pain can start as constant or come and go.  My pain began as constant shifting pain but the type of pain and severity varied throughout the day.  After diagnosis, it changed to come and go spasmodic pain with long remissions.

I am very healthy too despite my IBS and I haven’t needed to see my doctor about it either.  Food doesn’t set my symptoms off; my trigger is stress.

• Posted

Funny I think most of mine is triggered from stress and anxiety too. Even as a kid. I remember being stuck in the bathroom before choir competitions because I was so nervous and kept having to poop.
    • Posted

I was always very anxious when I was young and eventually it led to chronic acid reflux and later IBS in 2015.
  • Posted

isabgol........ read online. 1 tsp soak in 1/4 cup water, let it turn into jelly, add roza syrup or cranberry juice. have it everyday no perticular timing but just everyday once!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.