Anyone else not finding a good diary helpful?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been keeping a good diary for me to possibly find the food or beverages that trigger my stomach rumbling and burning as well as my bowel changes. I go from diarrhea to constipation. I was diagnosed with GERD and small Hiatus hernia. I just don't know what to do anymore as I experience symptoms almost everyday. At times I have oily food and fizzy drinks and my tummy is totally ok. Other times bland food and my tummy acts up. What do I do from here?

Sorry for the long post.

I need help with this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi christelle 

I am having the same symptoms every day ,I just don’t know what to eat , it’s not totally food related, I don’t drink alcohol or eat the foods at all ,which is associated causing the symptoms. I think it’s the hernia causing the problems not what food you eat. I’m mentally in a bad state. I just want to be normal again and not this ongoing food and drinks restrictions.As you said one day is fine when something you eat is a no no  , and other days you can be in discomfort    I’m taking ppis but still getting all these rotten symptoms . I really feel for you ,I wish there is an easy answer . Even an op isn’t guaranteed to be an success, as I would go for that, the risk with that is you could end up worse of. Sorry to go on . I feel too that I need help  . I’m trying to wean myself of the ppis but I’m not doing to well with that   , plain Greek yogurt does help a bit , take care 

• Posted

They really are rotten symptoms.life isn't enjoyable anymore and I am not ready to the go the op route because as you said it's not 100% guranteed that the problem will be fixed.

It's draining and like you I m in a bad state emotionally. The anxiety of it being something more serious is really overwhelming. I fail to function as a mom .😔

• Posted

Hello

I was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia in 1992 but had it since 1985 lifting weights caused it. I have been having the same symptoms for all them years. I started taking OMEP in the early 9o's I was taking 40mg for years once a day in the mornings always at least half an hour before eating. I have cut it down to 20mg about two years ago. It does help but I still gets very bad bouts of acid reflux the last week have been really bad having to sit up of a night producing too much saliva my throat burning. I then eat burnt toast two slices and also eat a little liquorice this seems to help. I don't eat any dairy products no tomatoes or pizzas no fruit fizzy drinks are really bad. But like you said its weird I just give up the other night I drank two glasses of wine had a whisky and three beers no food and went off to bed slept quite well no acid reflux after 33 years I still cant work it out. I had the camera put inside me every 3 years my hernia has only got a little bigger in all that time but it affects my life so much but I would rather live with what I have because the Doctors advice is not promising. I can tell you this I have suffered from TINNITUS for 15 years now as well as Psoriatic Arthritis and the TINNITUS is the worst by far I hardly ever sleep more that 4 hours. Do you have your bed raised by six inches do not use just pillows the who bed just at the head end needs blocks under it this is a must it helps to stop reflux. I still do as much exercise as possible but don't ride a pushbike anymore anything where I have to bend over aggravates the hernia. I hope you find a way to live with the hernia but unless its an absolute emergency I will not be having the op, I still have to work full time and stress plays a big factor. Good luck keep fighting 

• Posted

Hi Welsh! Thanks for the reply.

It's encouraging to know that you 've had hh for so long and still alive and fighting. And with such positive attitude too. I am yet to elevate my bed . It's a daily struggle living with HH. I never know when I will have a flare up and what might cause it.

I pray I find a way of managing it.

And I will take your advise too on the op. I will keep fighting until I can't anymore.

• Posted

I am in the hospital waiting for my surgery to begin in about an hour.  I am nervous and anxious.  I am praying everything is going to be great.  Not looking forward to a long recovery.  I will post after surgery to let you know how it went.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.