Anyone else on Zoloft/sertraline AND an anticoagulant?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm on anticoagulants (Apo-Clopidogrel 75mg + Aspirin 100mg) and my doctor recently prescribed me 50mg Zoloft (Sertraline). I have been on 100mg Zoloft previously and handled that ok, but am worried about the interaction with the anticoagulants as I was told to keep an eye out for blood in my crap. I find this worrying and was wondering if anyone else out there has ever been prescribed anticoagulants and Sertraline together and if so did they notice any side effects such as bloody stools.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My father in law is on warfarin, clopidogrel and Sertraline, he has had no problems at all, been on it for at least 9 months started on 25 mg now on 100mg. Hope that reassures you.
  • Posted

Hi Bret I have been on Setraline for 4 years now with no trouble the only part problem is I have a small shake to my left hand doc says it could come from Taking Setraline going back to have tests reading on this I am worried how you cone back off them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.