Anyone else ? Period after ovarian cyst and right oophorectomy - UNBEARABLY PAINFUL.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey folks !

I'm about a month post op from my surgery and just got my period today and the pain is the definition of the word excruciating. I took a combination of acetaminophen and motrin and the pain is still not going away completely. The pain keeps radiating down into my legs and I'm getting some chills as well. 

I've always had painful periods but nothing even remotely like this type of pain.

Did anyone else have a similar experience after their surgery?

Thank you so much !

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How old r u? I am sorry i can't help u with this cause i am premenopausal and the last time i had it was August of last year

• Posted

I'm in my late teens. I know. Had doctors comment on how young I was to be dealing with all these issues.

It's okay. How have you been feeling since the surgery ? 

• Posted

I'm 18. I know. Hospital staff commented on how young I was as well.

That's okay, Tracy. How have you been feeling since your surgery ?

• Posted

Me too. Sorry for the double reply btw. Sounded too weird to me that I said late teens.
  • Posted

Sounds like the cyst has twisted and is pressing against a nerve. I would go to emergency immediately.
    • Posted

I actually just had my surgery a couple weeks ago and they couldn't save the ovary. Very bad cyst.

I am worried about my nerves though as you brought it up since the period is so painful. I see my GYN really soon.

Thanks !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.