Anyone else's BV from E. Coli?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

My battle with BV started in February of 2014. Before that, I'd NEVER had any vaginal issues. Ever. Nothing had changed at that time, so I'm still unable to pinpoint what started this all.

However, I never have the Gardnerella bacteria, mine is ALWAYS E. Coli. And if I hear a doctor ask if I wipe front to back one more time, I'll scream! I have impeccable hygiene down there and everywhere else and don't have any other symptoms of E. Coli in the gut or anywhere else.

I have tried it all- Boric Acid, Hydrogen Peroxide douches, Apple Cider Vinegar, probiotics up there and orally ingested (which I still do), tea tree suppositories, antibiotics (but not since December, since they weren't helping), Vitamin C, etc. Some of these things made me temporarily feel better, but nothing is getting rid of it for good. 

Anyone else have E. Coli there?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I have also altered my diet like crazy! I eat mostly veggies and greens, lean protein like chicken and eggs, and very little fruit. I cut out wheats and grains, except for oatmeal, sugar, caffiene, etc. 
  • Posted

OH! And have been taking Grape Seed extract for yeast in my gut, in case that is making it harder on my system to fight the E. Coli. 
  • Posted

E coli appears to be a nuisance as causes most utis to not be  resolved due to immunity.You need to get GP to do extended cultures & take the antinbiotics to prevent kidney dammage .There is a vaccine that may only wiork for 30 days  & is very expensive Urommune .

I got all these problems when first had sex & it was so problematic had to get urgent attention that always involved testing first & many delays  .What appeared was chronic utis that had become acute interspersed with BV = trichomonas[ chlamydia?]  .This I was told Nuns get but it  always resolved with metranizadole .Even though now chaste still get same pattern that research showed to be connected to spina bifida occulta that NHS pretends causes nothing when knows neurogenic bladder & in my case double ureters instead of one .It considers this foolishly   as Low Priority  Policy .When this is disabling it is out of order  as can be seen from the forums .

Mine is now causing excrutiating spinal pain & spasicity which is being ignored as spasmodic.

Could it be we are being left in limbo because we are female?

• Posted

I empathise and sympathise with you too, Julie. I also have very bad back pain as well as the pelvic pain and I have been referred to a rheumatologist, aside from the ultrasound scan of my pelvic area. I have waited so long for these appointments, I am so frustrated! I feel cast aside by the NHS. God knows, if I had the money, I would go private in a heartbeat! x
    • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear this! This has all been from E Coli in the bladder? I hope you are able to get more help. sad

My urine is typically free of E Coli, it's always a vaginal infection. I don't understand it, and it seems doctors don't either. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's been almost 15 months of this over and over. I don't even have intercourse with my husband hardly anymore, and even with no intercourse, it happens.

• Posted

Hi there,

I had E Coli a while back, confirmed after a hospital swab. I was having pelvic pain and I am actually suffering the same pains now, awaiting a pelvic ultrasound. I did notice that even after being treated for the E Coli, I started having problems with odour, unusual discharge, etc, but nothing is confirmed or diagnosed.

I read up a bit on probiotics, as I was taking them for a while with little, if any, improvement, and I found out that PREbiotics actually work better in the gut than probiotics. I have ordered some good quality ones from Amazon, which are pricey, but they have good reviews and I am hoping I will have some success with them. They're called Prebiotic, if you want to look them up.

It's good that you are using Grapefruit seed extract, but if you are using pills, try using a tincture, or any liquid form as it will be absorbed better by the intestinal tract.

Sorry I can't offer a more definitive answer, I am struggling too and I know it's so frustrating not to just have something do its magic and free you of this annoying condition!

Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

...SORRY! They're called PREBIOTIN PREBIOTIC FIBRE SACHETS.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I will look into the liquid form of these things and get those next time for sure. 

I need to try the prebiotics! I have been using VH prebiotic vaginal suppositories off and on for months, but they don't seem to do much, so maybe intestinal prebiotics will help as well. My doctor says that E Coli in the gut shouldn't be causing chronic BV from E Coli, unless I am transferring it to the vagina every time. And I'm super careful with that and always have been. She says I don't show any signs of having an overgrowth of E Coli in the gut (no pains, no diarrhea, etc) so she's really baffled why I'm having the chronic E Coli vaginally. 

So frustrating! We will keep trying and keep our heads up and come up with something that works! How long have you had it? So far I haven't had the pelvic pains, and my urine is typically clear; no E Coli there. So strange! I'm not getting Urinary Tract Infections, just the vaginal ones. But the outside, around the urethra and such, is very sensitive and itchy each time as well....

• Posted

Let me know how the prebiotics work once you try them! I'm taking GOBS of probiotics and haven't seen any improvement. 
  • Posted

You might have had a split between your rectum and your vagina. Look up online    rectovaginal fistula. Also see: vaginal and anal tear and fissure. This condition can allow stool to seep into your vagina.
    • Posted

Interesting! No doctor has ever brought that up! Thank you for sharing that...I will certainly look into that possibility! 
  • Posted

Dear Maria,

i had this last year..had cryotherapy...was good for a year and now my BV is back..i had symptoms for four weeks before the smell.

now smell, pain, bladder pain.  I be.ieve mine is e-coli related.

please email me back with any findings that have helped you.

thank you

D.

• Posted

I tried to email you because I see the moderators deleted your comment;do you know how to send private emails? Or can you rephrase your response to my discussion?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.