Anyone else so tired?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Two weeks on 40mg and I am non stop yawning and feeling so tired. It's this normal for two weeks in? Shah also anxiety is still kind of high although I had a good day yesterday. Just want to feel like myself again

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

• Posted

I def understand where your coming from, I just went up to 30 a week ago and also had a good three quarters of a day yesterday but the mornings are hard and the high anxiety is bad, it's not like it's super terrible but I can feel it in my stomach a lot also the yawns hit me very hard when I was in 20mg and they stayed for a while so I'd say that's pretty normal but They haven't got me on 30mg yet, I just have overall crappy feeling kinda like I have the flu or something like that. The main problem for me is my brain is in a fog 24/7. Feels kinda like someone put a tub inside my head and blew air into it kinda like a pressure in there squeezing my brain I dunno it's hard to explain good luck I hope for feel better. My dr was also very quick to call it anxiety after I had normal blood work taken twice about a three weeks apart. But if this doesn't clear up in another week or so I'm heading to a neurologist either to diagnose me correctly or to give me the reassurance that anxiety is all it is as I am also so ready to have my life back, can't keep living like this anymore lol

• Posted

Every time I increased I got tired but I can't remember if it lasted this long. I didn't pay attention the last times. This time I am focusing too much on when will the anxiety go away. Mornings are also the worst for me and *usually* by the evening I feel a bit ok but not always. I can't get my mind off the anxious feeling and the fear I have of feeling fainty. When I get tired I automatically think it's a fainty feeling. I have a fear of fainting. So it just makes it worse since my anxiety comes out with physical sensations.

It's a tough thing we are all going through and I hope we can be back to ourselves very soon. I have a three year old and I just want to be happy fun feeling good mum again.

• Posted

I also get terrible brain fog. Did you have it before you went on the cit ?
    • Posted

Yea I did that was the main symptom I was having that caused my anxiety symptoms, it started like a month before I had been diagnosed with anxiety but i feel like the anxiety from it is controled now but the actual symptom will not go away. I just increased my dose of med and will give it one more week and if no better I have to go back to the dr and demand some tests cause I absolutely can not go on like this much longer in so sick of not being able to feel as I felt before this symptom even if the tests come back negative which I hope they will then I atleast know it's anxiety for sure and can accept it better as of now that symptom has convinced me there is something else going on here. The only relief I got was when I was put on medication for an infection I had and this symptom did clear up for about 10 days the right back again

• Posted

Was the same for me. The head fog was my first anxiety symptom and as long as it is, still there I can t deal with the rest. It is debitilitating. Strangely I felt a bit better on antibiotics some time back. It had been improving on cit but is back again now. I am due to see a neurologist in a couple of months. I sometimes think the meds are making it worse. I wander if it could be migranes which there is not much they could do but I never had them before my pregnancy. If they are migranes then the meds could help in the end if they reduce the stress and anxiety as that can cause migranes.
    • Posted

I struggle to go out with the head fog as it makes me dizzy and that scares me.
  • Posted

There is a problem with this drug you will feel tired. I take mine at night 20mg before going to bed, you could try that, at least you should get a good sleep

B.

• Posted

If I take mine at 10:30am how to I switch taking it at night? Am I supposed to just not take it like 10:30am like I am used to and wait for night?
    • Posted

You can if you want I did not bother and took my full dose at night, I do not seem to have any problems over a 2 hour time period. I am only on 20mg and 75mg of Amytryptalene and I take the full dose at the same time with above.

It is up to you how you take them as long as you take the dose regular.

Whatever you are comfortable with, if you feel uncertain talk to your GP. The idea is to stop feeling tired during the day. 

Some split the dose and take half at breakfast and the other have, evening meal or half an hour before bed. I also find a small glass of milk with th medication helps it settle in the tummy better than with nothing at all. 

We all need to be comfortable taking our tablets. I changed mine over a long time ago and I did ask my GP.

Whatever you decide, good luck

B.

• Posted

Generally your GP has you taking your medications once a day.

You just take them in the evening if you feel to split the dose over a period of time so take 20mg dose half it and take that to end up to bedtime after a time

B.

• Posted

I have bouts of nonstop yawning...but don't really feel tired. I take mine at night though, somewhere between 8pm-9:30pm. Even if I get plenty of sleep...I'll have like an hour yawning fit when I wake up lol

• Posted

Isabel,

When I started I would yawn all day and was really tired. I think that subsided after week 3 if I remember correctly.

• Posted

Yesterday was three weeks for me on 40 mg. I don't think I was as tired yesterday, but i still have moments in the day I am yawning so much I just want to nap.

Anxiety is still here though. Especially the mornings. ..

• Posted

The anxiety takes a while to go away. I am in week 13 and I am still having some and days, more than I would like. I'm debating upping my dose.

• Posted

I'm just over three weeks on 40mg and really really anxious and nauseas today. Had a few ok days but bad today. Just want this to stop and be back to myself again. Mornings I wake sooo anxious.

I started back on citalopram beginning of April and was on 10mg for 2 weeks and then she increased me to 20mg which was working great from mid may til mid August and then anxiety came back bad again and I tried riding it out but by sept 19 I saw my doc again which increased me to 30mg for 6 weeks and then 40mg and been on 40mg just over 3 weeks. And still waiting to feel ok. When it worked at 20 I felt amazing and didn't have anxious thoughts just don't know why it stopped and why taking so long now for me to get back to the good. Maybe it's coz it's all I'm focusing on. But I am afraid. I don't want to have to get off citalopram and try a new med. Citalopram worked for me before.

• Posted

I m sorry your feeling so bad too.

Like you I ve been on cit for some time. I felt 40mg was too high for me but now I am worried cit is not for me. I am too scared to come off it and try another.

Today my anxiety is unbearable and for weeks I ve had daily headaches. All with a baby to care for.

We ll get through this somehow x

• Posted

How long have you been on it? What dose?

I'm confused coz it worked great for me for months before and I thought would still be good at 40mg. I'm told still early weeks since it's just over 3 weeks on this increase and I am told each increase puts you back to the bottom.

We need to stay positive but I know that's so hard when the anxiety is this bad. Especially hard when you have a baby to take care of because then we put extra pressure on ourselves to get better quicker. I have a three year old to take care of and who always wants my attention and I feel bad when I am this anxious that I can't just be silly me and play with him. The moments I feel good I take advantage and spend as much fun time as I can with him

• Posted

But when citalopram was working for me back in may I felt amazing. Better than i have ever felt. I was calm , I wasn't over worrying and I wasn't having anxious thoughts. I wasn't having panic attacks when I went out, I actually wanted to go out to places , I was being the best wife and mother I wanted to be. And now been this anxious mess for so long again I am afraid I won't get out of it like I did last time. Just want to feel ok and be back to myself to enjoy life and not waste my days like this. I don't want to be so afraid of anxiety and the physical feelings like I am.

• Posted

Me too.

Feel like I m having a heart attack. May go to the hospital. Can t just sit here like this.

• Posted

Not really.

My whole life seems to be falling apart.

25 days on 20mg and I am all over the place.

How are you ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.