Anyone else suffer dizzy spells with mirtazapine?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have just started taking mirtazapine 15mg to help with stress and anxiety at work. The first few days were spent feeling very tired and spaced out but then not much of a side effect. However I have tried to work out a few times to help with the stress and each time have become very dizzy, headaches and nearly to the point of passing out (I'm not exactly a gym bunny but am used to working out and running 5k relatively easily- today I could only manage 3k!) Has anyone else suffered side effects like these, will they pass? Thanks!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Iaura,

Was the same for me, I walk 4 k each morning and when I first started Mir I had to slow down as I felt dizzy and losing my footing! It will pass in a week or two but just always be aware of it especially if using gym equipment! I'm on 30mg and walking 4 k is much harder now so have cut back to 2 k. I know it's none of my business but if your having to take an antidepressant for work probs then I may think of changing my job, unless it's just a short term prob at work. Theses med's are not always the best solution and do come with their own problems! Take care and best of luck with you work

• Posted

Hi, I started on the low dose and was feeling dizzy most of the time, so I went back to the doctors and told him that I was gettin dizzy, he thought upping the dose would help so thats what he did. I still got a little dizzy for a few days after being on the higher dose but the dizziness disappeared complete after a good week
  • Posted

Hi Laura

the dizziness did pass with me within the 1st few wks...just in time i was going to go back to my g.p as i couldn't go on like this....but inaway this backfired at bit my my g.p things everything went o.k when my dose was upped and can't understand that i don't want to up my dose again i am currently on 30mg of mitaz....my advise is let your g.p know what is happening...good luck

• Posted

I was on 15 mg for a year,ive since come off theae in may going cold turkey. I had no side effects in the first few weeks then one night i woke feeling really dizzy,this happened a few times afterwards too,always waking me at night. It's been 6 months now and every so often still get the same dizziness and light body feeling. I have to use diazepam to cope with the anxiety it gives. Horrible drug mirtazipne is. How they get away with prescribing it is beyond me.

• Posted

Hi all,

I have been on mirtazipine for two weeks and I have been feeling lightheaded since I have started on them.

Is this something that passses or is this all the time?

If anyone could help that would be much appreciated.

Claire

• Posted

damn.... thats wild.... thats what I get.  I thought it was from Benzo W/D.  When I get stresssed tihngs go crazy in my head and I feel as if Im going to pass out.  I get really dizzy and screwed up.....
    • Posted

hello, i am sickofthis to, i know its horrible, i get panic attacks and its terrifting, i feel like i am on the way out, i am on mirt 15mg, i also get dizzy turns like you, thats scary as well, people dont realise how lucky they are when they dont have it.yet they can be unsympathetic, anyway happy new year, lets hope we get better next year. angela.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.